Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, here's a VERY pedestrian question from someone who tends toward a preference for bone stock. Does anybody have a part # for hood shocks, and what did they cost?

I know, the serious mod guys are either laughing or yawning, possibly both...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I TOLD you it was a pedestrian question. All of 4 minutes for the answer. Thanks, Goofy!

·
Registered
403 Posts
hey man no problem Im adding them to my charger if I keep it long enough. Or if I can keep it out of dodges service bay. Anything else?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that you mention it...

I remember seeing something about how to tap into the power up above the rear view mirror to hardwire a radar detector. I went through the Interior Modifications threads, but couldn't find it.

Care to enlighten me on this?

·
Registered
382 Posts
DA X 6 said:
OK, here's a VERY pedestrian question from someone who tends toward a preference for bone stock. Does anybody have a part # for hood shocks, and what did the cost?

I know, the serious mod guys are either laughing or yawning, possibly both...
Way more information that you need about the subject can be found here:

http://bstowers.mesanetworks.net/hoodstruts/

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks guys, I was going to look for this info to put in my "wish list". You all saved me the effort. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Installed them on my Daytona last week.

The lower ballstuds are self tapping, and the hex is metric, (10MM I think).
The stud has a long leadin, and all I did was to use the finger of one hand to hond it steady while I got it started with a wrench. Took all of about 5 minutes to complete.

They work great...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
my hood shocks come in today...can't wait to put them on....not sure what i am going to do when i don't have anything else to mod on the charger....i will have to paint the dogs different colors...hehe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Waited37Years said:
Installed them on my Daytona last week.

The lower ballstuds are self tapping, and the hex is metric, (10MM I think).
The stud has a long leadin, and all I did was to use the finger of one hand to hond it steady while I got it started with a wrench. Took all of about 5 minutes to complete.

They work great...
Got mine today.

Waited37 is right...they work great. The socket/wrench size needed to install the lower stud for the shock is actually 13mm. 5 minute job (took me 20 min:whistle: ...first mod to the new Charger yanno:embarrese:nervous s) Studs are self tapping and start in enough by hand to get it straight before wrenching. You'll also need to use a small screwdriver to pull back the retaining clip into an "open" position to be able to be accepted onto the ball on the hood hinge but it's straight fwd.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I purchased mine from MoparSuperCenter myself and had a fast delivery. Service overall with them was great! Paid $40.00 out the door. VERY easy to install and works great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
KUPAA said:
I purchased mine from MoparSuperCenter myself and had a fast delivery. Service overall with them was great! Paid $40.00 out the door. VERY easy to install and works great!
$40? I got them from the same place but I paid $52 +shipping. Did you call them to order? Damn. Let everyone else know how to get them at $40 please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some added information on the Hood lifts. I received my kit Today and installed It. The Fender Stud is Metric and the Mounting hole is not Taped the thread is Metric 8 pitch 1.25. I picked up a tap at a ACE Hardware store taped the hole the stud hex size is 13 mm and with ground shipping the cost was $60.65

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I order them from the MoparSuperCenter today myself for 52 something plus shipping along with the Automatic Headlight Switch $29 and change and the Mopar CAI for 292 plus shipping. They said that they wouldn't be able to ship these things until next Thursday due to the holiday. Bummer, I wanted to have them overnight it but apparently it comes to them from their warehouse and then it gets shipped from them.
It's a dealership in South Carolina. I tried to deal with my Dodge dealers parts department here but they weren't willing to deal off the MSRP. So I go mailorder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Indiana Hemi I am not what Automatic headlight Switch you ordered but before I found out that you could just change out the Headlight switch to get Automatic headlights i ordered a Automatic Headlight module that has been installed and it gives me DRL in addition to Automatic Headlights and a 30 second Time delay.

·
Registered
149 Posts
rwamser said:
Some added information on the Hood lifts. I received my kit Today and installed It. The Fender Stud is Metric and the Mounting hole is not Taped the thread is Metric 8 pitch 1.25. I picked up a tap at a ACE Hardware store taped the hole the stud hex size is 13 mm and with ground shipping the cost was $60.65
The stud bolts are self tapping so there's no need to tap it prior to install. Prolly make it slightly easier to start but these were extremely easy...no issues and done is a few minutes. Take the tap back if you can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts