Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
461 Posts
Those sir are not hood scoops, those are fake hood scoops. If you must do it just for the look, I suppose it would look alright. I think most would agree they're pretty tacky.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm not a big fan. I'd rather get an SRT8 hood or an aftermarket - of course then you'll hear all the whining about "up-hooding" is the same as "up-badging." Either way, you can't please everyone, Might as well please yourself!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Humm.......I see......any suggestions then with the hood scoops?

·
Registered
964 Posts
dude you should just go for the first hood scoop and then rebadge your car and put SRT8 badges... and you will have an SRT8...

i give up on these poserzzz...............

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea dude those are just stick on scoops. they arent functional at all, and even if you install them right, they still look like stick ons. i wouldnt get one. if u want a hood scoop ur gunna have to buy a hood that has one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have no problem with having a fake hood scoop IF it looks PERFECT! These don't. Looking at any of these hoods scoops next to the real thing there is a huge, obvious difference. Any car enthusiest will take one look at your car and laugh. Besides, painted these things run for like 250-400 bucks!

Save your money and get a real SRT hood if that is the look you want. Anything less is cheap and tacky. Don't ruin a beautifull car with an inferior product. It is better to keep it stock and save up for that 1 great quality mod; rather than instantly gratify yourself with several cheap knock-offs.

Look at the SRT hood and these hood scoops (installed on a car) side-by-side. The real scoops are totally smooth and blended in with the rest of the hood. The fake ones have obvious lines where it connects to the car that detracts from the car's overall classiness and beauty.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think it'll look tacky. But it's your car, make you car look the way you want it to. You'll find that the majority of opinions here are that fakes scoops are no good. Try saving a little and buying a hood with a real scoop off of e-bay or one of our sponsors!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I know that nobody around here likes the "Fake" hood scoops, but this is one I have installed for a couple dealer customers in the past. it is a much better quality than any of the Lund style stick on truck scoops I have seen on cars. This one is made by an oem supplier to GM, Ford and Chrysler. It uses 3M tape and nuts to secure it to the car.

If you are interested, I can supply you with one painted or unpainted.

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Actually I've considered getting a fake scoop myself. this is the ONLY one I'd consider and I'd HAVE TO also have a decal beneath it to take attention away from how it "sticks" to the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well...

Those scoops look like an OEM mustang (the larger ones), those are not too bad.

My opinion is scoops have to function or they can't be on my car.

I will be putting an OEM SRT8 hood on my Daytona and thanks to the nice products at Ridergraphix, I can make it look almost identical to an OEM Daytona hood. Bear in mind the SRT8 scoop dumps cooling air down each side of the motor, not into the intake.

The True Fiber and some other manufacturers offer a functional scoop that sends air to the airbox area, and can feed a CAI system.

Either way, I suggest going to the trouble to have a functional scoop.

·
Registered
708 Posts
dude you should just go for the first hood scoop and then rebadge your car and put SRT8 badges... and you will have an SRT8...

i give up on these poserzzz...............
Are you serious? Don't you have an SRT8 Spoiler? Does that not make you a poser?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Are you serious? Don't you have an SRT8 Spoiler? Does that not make you a poser?
yea i have an SRT8 spoiler but how is that posin.. i was referrin to his sxt that has daytona decals and RT badges

·
Registered
702 Posts
Actually I've considered getting a fake scoop myself. this is the ONLY one I'd consider and I'd HAVE TO also have a decal beneath it to take attention away from how it "sticks" to the hood.
That is the best idea I have heard yet for those that wish to use the fake scoops. I still think the SRT hood is by far the superior choice, but I am well aware that you're looking at about $1K bucks out the door (painted of course). If you HAVE to have the fake scoop, I think you should definitely listed to LeeR's advice.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Those scoops look like an OEM mustang (the larger ones), those are not too bad.

My opinion is scoops have to function or they can't be on my car.

I will be putting an OEM SRT8 hood on my Daytona and thanks to the nice products at Ridergraphix, I can make it look almost identical to an OEM Daytona hood. Bear in mind the SRT8 scoop dumps cooling air down each side of the motor, not into the intake.

The True Fiber and some other manufacturers offer a functional scoop that sends air to the airbox area, and can feed a CAI system.

Either way, I suggest going to the trouble to have a functional scoop.
Agreed. The True Fiber hoods look great and are cheaper than the true SRT hoods, but both are far superior to the fake ones. You just have to not mind the est. 300% markup between the real deals and the fakes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That is the best idea I have heard yet for those that wish to use the fake scoops. I still think the SRT hood is by far the superior choice, but I am well aware that you're looking at about $1K bucks out the door (painted of course). If you HAVE to have the fake scoop, I think you should definitely listed to LeeR's advice.
Thanks, the main reason for me considering a fake hood is that it would cost a rediculas amount for me to get a hood shipped here to Hawaii. My only option would be to buy an SRT hood from the dealer, but the markups are way to high!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts