Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about the possibility of getting a hood scoop for my 06 Daytona...what are my options? Obviously the best option would be to buy the entire hood (SRT Hood) I'm assuming...but I see they sell some that attach with double sided tape???

Interest in knowing everyone's thoughts on this...thanks

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
stick on hood scoops=fail

·
Registered
934 Posts
Do it right or not at all. I waited and saved the money...don't do the stick on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
if you put a stick on hood scoop on your daytona it's also mandatory to put on some bullet hole stickers, a crown air freshener on your dash, shag carpet headliner, "limited edition" emblem, and some broken vent visors. By that time you could just buy a SRT hood and save your money. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
if you put a stick on hood scoop on your daytona it's also mandatory to put on some bullet hole stickers, a crown air freshener on your dash, shag carpet headliner, "limited edition" emblem, and some broken vent visors. By that time you could just buy a SRT hood and save your money. :beerchug:
x2, dont forget the plastic spinners

·
Registered
794 Posts
Don't do it. All it does is scream RICER! I mean, after that, you might as well go and put a couple of fart cans on it.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Stick-on stuff ...... :no:

First a hood scoop ...

Then .......

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..... Don't do it man .... save up more $$ and do it right .... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright...that last post with pics of all the "stick ons" was a real eyeopener LOL....

I've had my Charger for about 2 weeks now. I traded a 98 Trans Am with the big Ram Air hood in for the Charger. As much as I LOVE my Charger, I'm missing my TA too. I was originally looking for an SRT but there was nothing available withing 150 miles (at least not worth looking at) in the 24K range. I knew when I asked the question...I need to save my money and do it the right way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is just too funny!!!:clap::clap:

·
Registered
183 Posts
go with a shaker!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
There's a place that I got my srt style scoop, it was on ebaymotors and it was called xlineproducts I believe. 45 bucks will get you a gel coated one, easily made functional.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That was the hottest charger ive ever seen!

(hint of sarcasm)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
just do it right, everytime i see a car with a stick on, i just nod my head

·
Registered
563 Posts
Gabe!!!! Every time I forget about that damn thing it resurfaces!! STOP!!

:slap:

lol :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Personally, it it was me (and it isn't) I'd get an OEM aluminum SRT8 hood. If you'll search through the forums you'll see a wealth of posts from people complaining about poor fit and finish for a number of aftermarket fiberglass hoods. They tend to bow at the edges and flex when they get hot...making the bowing even more pronounced.

If you get a stick-on, the members of the forum will take up a collection to have you kidnapped, have your privates basted in honey and then have you tied to a chair next to a fire ant mound. You have been warned. :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just add a Type R badge and save the money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts