Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my next modification is going to be the hood. I am trying to decide between the stick on hood scoop and the srt hood scoop, the srt would be probably around $1000 while the stick on $400. my question ids if you think the stick on is a bad idea

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
THE 2 mods. i've just spent money on are the BORLA 125's and the Mopair CAI. (Thanks to Ciscokid giving me a heads up where to get them for a great price.) Between the 2, it was well over 1 grand, especially with the hood struts and locking gas cap, etc, i've spent a decent chunk. I'm gonna hold off but I too want the SRT8 hood on my R/T with performance group/road track.

With that being said I agree it's totally lame to put a "stick-on" hood scoop on the car....even if someone BOUGHT the hood scoop for me, I wouldn't put that thing on. It's the real deal or no deal IMO.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
x1,007,987 No stick on hood scoop. I think they would look cooler stuck on the roof than on the hood.

·
Registered
453 Posts
THE 2 mods. i've just spent money on are the BORLA 125's and the Mopair CAI. (Thanks to Ciscokid giving me a heads up where to get them for a great price.) Between the 2, it was well over 1 grand, especially with the hood struts and locking gas cap, etc, i've spent a decent chunk. I'm gonna hold off but I too want the SRT8 hood on my R/T with performance group/road track.

With that being said I agree it's totally lame to put a "stick-on" hood scoop on the car....even if someone BOUGHT the hood scoop for me, I wouldn't put that thing on. It's the real deal or no deal IMO.

NO hoodscoop! I am paying a body shop 60 bucks to take mine off. :cry:

·
Registered
805 Posts

Where was to good deal for the Borla 125's?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Don't do the stickon. Get the real thing, RamAir, CBD, or OEM SRT. I took my car in to get serviced and they even said they hated seeing cars with the fake scoop intakes. Trust me, you'll be happier with it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think a hood scoop is absolutley the way to go (mmuuuwwwaaahahaha)

J/K, wait and save to get the hood!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thanks guys i guess i will just wait another month or two and get the hood, I don't want to make my charger look stupid

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'd wait for a functional one, if you only have to wait a month or 2 than that's great. I had to save my pennies for a year to get the one I wanted and painted by a pro. I didn't want just some five and dime place to paint my hood.

here you can see it routes the air right over the air intake box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts