Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about a hood scoop for my next mod...

and I want a functional hood scoop...

And where I live the weather is hot and humid most of the year...

I was thinking that having a functional hood scoop would suck the hot air in,
right?? Wouldn't that affect performance?

What do you think?

Any one living in a hot area has a hood scoop?

Ideas / suggestions?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
i have a CBD SRT shood on my charger, on dusty days yes dust enters but not as much as i thought it would. and offcourse i have a habbit of keeping my engine bay clean, so i dont notice it much :).
as for affecting performace.. i dont see how.. that hot humid air is already going in thru your intake and having a hood scoop actually lets heat out!.. atleast that what i notice with my hood :).

·
Registered
48 Posts
IMO, Even on hot days, the air entering through the hood scoop will still be considerably cooler than the air temp inside an enclosed engine bay. As far being in a dusty area, your filter will get alot dirtier either way. Just check it and clean it more often. good luck

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking it would let more hot air in...
but you are right air is already going in...

it just that some one kept warning me about this issue...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i agree w/ what was said above. even though the air might be "hot" its still cooler than the air in the engine bay. plus it looks awesome.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im planning to do hood vents too...
air in - heat out

now I have to get my CAI...

·
Registered
622 Posts
The cooler you can keep things under the hood, the better your car will run and longer it will last. There is a limit of course, if you can keep everything around 180o F it seems to be the magic number.

If it is already hot/humid where you live, you are a better candidate for a scoop than some others really. I would imagine that the ambient air temp near the road is considerably higher, than up where the scoop opening is, due the the heat soaked pavement.

The only advantage to the CAI's typical low spot, is higher the atmospheric pressure generated by the front fascia. The hood scoop area may not generate as much pressure until a much higher speed.

Some members running CAI with a True Fiber or other hood delivering air to the CAI area are likely realizing the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
683 Posts
get the CBD hood same as tyran, your gona love it!

OH, read your private msjs plz! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts