Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my first hood scoop on a Daytona today. I have done quite a few Chargers, but this was the first Daytona.

I also attached some pics of an R/T I did Friday.

The R/T has 20" Wheels, Spoiler, Billet Grill, Rear Stripe and Scoop.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Thats close to what I want on my daytona. I was thinking more along the lines of the scoop that was found on the 1967-1969 plymouth barracuda's, its wider and taller in the front (kinda like the WRX scoop, but about twice the size). I plan on getting a replacement hood to cut up and graft the scoop to, then make new intake tube to make it functional. But I need to save some money first :whistle: ....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Scoop looks ok but the billet grill is nasty. Would perfer a functional hood but that hood looks ok.....not great or awesome but just ok. Kinda reminds me of some of the scoops I saw two weeks ago on the Darts.

Later

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Scoop is OK, the grill is not to my liking, but the wheels are awesome on the red R/T. What are those? (If this has already been asked before elsewhere in the forum, I appologize :embarrese )

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what the wheels are. I did not sell them to this customer. They were installed at the dealer when he purchased the car.

I did all of the other work with the exception of the tint.

I will see if I can find out from the dealer.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I like the scoop on the Daytona, where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a scoop I have been installing on Chargers for my dealer customers. I buy it through one of my vendors, and have my body shop paint it. It is done with a flat black with a special flat clear coat. It matches the flat black decal on the hood of the Daytona very well.

As a matter of fact, the manufacturer I buy it from is in the process of working out a deal with Dodge to install these on future Daytonas at the factory!!!

If you are interested, I can possibly hook you up.

PM me or e-mail [email protected] for details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts