Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a set of hood pins that I recently purchased this weekend. I am very apprehensive about drilling through the hood and getting everything to line up...has anyone done this and perhaps have a walk through or helpful hints and tricks? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome, had I thought of that BEFORE i purchased real hood pins...now I would rather just get these in and have them be functional :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You sure you want to install hood pins? Because after a rainy day they will start to rust and turn ugly. Then you will have no choice but to keep replacing them with new ones and its not like you can just take them out or you will have 2 big holes in your hood.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are stainless, so I was hoping that wouldn't happen....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh trust me they will still rust. Because everytime you pull the pins out to open your hood, the pins itself are being scratched up from being inserted into the rod. So the pins and rod will start to rust.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...damn

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have some on mine, and he is right, it will rust. As far as installing them, I just removed the black stoppers under the hood, drilled the hole deeper, then placed the pins in that spot. I used a red maker to mark where the pins hit, and drilled. Worked out good. Ill post some pics of where everything is, and even show you how it looks with the rust on it. lol

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140538

I installed hood pins in mine, and I love them. The only rust that I have is where the adjustment nuts meet the pin (under the radiator mount). There is no rust that is clearly visible. As for the install itself I thought it was pretty simple. Just line everything up and drill.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Final look

Location of my pins/ some rust.

Another pic of the spot where I placed it.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Final look

Location of my pins/ some rust.

Another pic of the spot where I placed it.

they look good. do you happen to know where to buy a set of all black hood pins?

·
Registered
555 Posts
they look good. do you happen to know where to buy a set of all black hood pins?
I got mines from a member in my mopar group, but the bay would be the best place. Like hskr im thinking of swicthing up to the ones he have posted.

·
Registered
985 Posts
"Greeting From China And Good Luck" lol
But yeah, those do look pretty awesome
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
224 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts