Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what hood options us 5.7 guys have? I know of the Challenger one, the SRT8 Charger one, and the 1, 2, and 3" cowl hoods but wanted to know if the cowl hoods actually have a functional hood scoop or is it all show? Also, what materials are these aftermarket hoods made of? And do I risk them not closing properly, or aligning properly? Also does anyone know if anyone offers decals for hoods to match the Daytona decals? (Same material/color?) Thanks guys, and any pics are MORE than welcomed!

·
Registered
139 Posts
unless its an oem hood chances are you might have either minimal to extreme fitment/alignment issues. VFN has a couple of hoods they make, Whiteboy hoods, Trufiber, TommyzDesign and there are several others. Or if you want to cut a hole in the hood you have now... you could always do the shaker setup that lots of people have chosen to do. I would look up those companies and they should have some pics of what the chargers look like with those specific hoods on them. Do a search on this site... lots of previous threads on hood options.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the aftermarket hoods worth going with due to being a lighter weight? Is it significant enough of a weight reduction to help? Also does anyone know if the 1, or 2" cowl hoods have a functional scoop? And sublime that is why I am debating maybe just doing the SRT8 hood.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Most after market hoods are functional. Most on the forums will agree that a functional hood is more for show then anything else. Also the non functional ones will keep your engine bay a lot cleaner. No extra dust or dirt to clean off from the functional hood. Also, after market hoods usually are lighter and manufactures usually require/recommend using hood pins to safely secure them ay highway speeds. In the end it all depends on the look you are trying to achieve. Its your ride, do to it what makes you happy and not others.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I would say this is pretty functional!

3inch cowl - ramair hood! :rocker:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say this is pretty functional!

3inch cowl - ramair hood! :rocker:
Very nice! How about decals, do they match the OE ones pretty good?

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
the decal i have is on the hood - i think it looks great, it is from rider graphix, check out their webpage. there is a section for ramair hood graphix. they can make pretty much any style you want. -- it is in my sig pic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fiberglass Srt Replica.
with hemi rider graphix hood decal

And heres without the decal

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
the one on my sig is functional, it has a channel that directs it to the intake, man do i love cold nights :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the one on my sig is functional, it has a channel that directs it to the intake, man do i love cold nights :thumbsup:
If you don't mind me asking, what material is it made out of, and was there any fitment issues with it? Also who did you buy it from? If not a forum vendor send me a PM please. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
CarbonByDesign's Carbon Fiber SRT replica, that I had painted brilliant black on the sides

The only non-uniform gap is the one see at the left crease in the bottom picture.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
CarbonByDesign's Carbon Fiber SRT replica, that I had painted brilliant black on the sides

The only non-uniform gap is the one see at the left crease in the bottom picture.
How much did the hood run you? Including purchase cost and cost of painting.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey Bud!Is that new! I'm considering a hood as well. I really want to see the Hood they were originally considering for the Daytona!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts