Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Wash and dry. I use Mothers Back to Black on my Daytona Decals, it's a little greasy.

Otherwise I just throw on spray wax or detail spray, just make sure you read the label to make sure they are safe on Vinyl. Dont use wax liquid or paste or they will get streaky looking and ugly!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you guys actually wash your cars? eh....i like the automatic car wash!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Just got a Bee and don't know how to take care of the Hemi decal on the hood. Just wash and dry? Any product that needs to be applied?
On the Decals, I use Eagle One Nano-Wax Spray. Works great and the decals look like new after 2 years. Never leaves film or streaks. A lot of us are using the Nano....Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I wash the car
Apply a heavy film of vinylx and leave it on over night
wash the car again
detail the rest of the car

Do not pour the vinyl x on beyond a heavy film, or leave it on all day in bright sun :( Still waiting for some streaks to fade after that genius move.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Personally I use Zaino on the whole car BUT I use Turtle Wax ICE on the decals.....no muss, no fuss!
:clap: That is what works best for me also. Everything else seemed to greasy and shiny. I wanted flat black for a reason.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I will have to try the zaino since I paste waced my whole car including vynils and i have streaks in the black now.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
:clap: That is what works best for me also. Everything else seemed to greasy and shiny. I wanted flat black for a reason.:bigthumb:
x2

Decals look better in flat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the ICE yesterday. It worked great. It is as thin as water. Nothing to buff (and buff) off. Glad it is the liquid ice and not the frozen kind like most of the US is having. Thanks again everyone, for the advice!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Do you use the turtle wax ice on your flat black spoiler and grille also?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, it works great on all the decals. From reading the label, it seems it can be used on all the exterior, but I haven't tried it on paint. Took it to the track, tho. Ran 13.4.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wash and dry. I use Mothers Back to Black on my Daytona Decals, it's a little greasy.

Otherwise I just throw on spray wax or detail spray, just make sure you read the label to make sure they are safe on Vinyl. Dont use wax liquid or paste or they will get streaky looking and ugly!
I tried the Mother's back to black and you are right, it is greasy and attracted dust like a magnet.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Cool thanks. Weather is suppose to be in the 70's this weekend. I might just ICE the whole car and see how it comes out. Does it wipe off pretty easy or does it leave alot of white residue in the cracks and stuff.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Just got a Bee and don't know how to take care of the Hemi decal on the hood. Just wash and dry? Any product that needs to be applied?
One thing to watch out for with the application of any product on the vinyl is what the vehicle (what keeps it liquid) is. Any product that is greasy, oily contains silicone. Silicone dissolves and degrades cast poly vinyl choloride PVC. Other materials from store bought contain petroleum distillates. This is a BIG no no as PVC is made from petroleum. Also any type of wax is a build up product and can act like a magnifying glass on the surface concentrating and trapping the suns rays.....like burning ants etc.

The QuantumBlue Vinyl and plastic protectant spray is designed specifically for vinyl, plastic, leather, rubber etc. It has a water base (vehicle) and evaporates harmlessly. It contains materials that are sacrificial in nature so that the sun and ozone will attack my protectant but will not get to the vinyl decals, or your dashboard or tires etc. It eliminates the HAZE that ends up on your windshield that makes it look like someone was smoking in you car.

It is anti-static and will last for weeks. Also when it rains, the decals will not look all streaky and the protectant will not run down your paint.

Here is the difference:

The vinyl surface is attacked with Ozone and UV and causes drying and cracking.

The QuantumBlue Surface is sacrificed so it gets eaten but the vinyl surface below is preserved.

Thanks

Brian

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts