Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to see if 5 yards of vinyl would be enough to do both doors (starting from the trunk and ending at the back tire) and the hood scallops? Can anybody tell me the length in inches of the door and hood scallops. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Warrior Stripes gone wrong. I decided to put on the right side stripes after the left side just wouldn't cooperate by creating a seam that couldn't be flattened out.

The right side did the same thing. I took my time and it still did the same thing so I cut the rest of it off. Now I'm left with this, which I do like. I'll keep it there until I don't like it anymore.

I appreciate the brother that set me up with it though.

@nathan179

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey Aro,
I wouldn't be too bummed out man. They actually strike me as a bit classier than full stripes. I would keep them for a few weeks and see if they grow on you.
Question for everyone, if you do vinyl on your car will it look bad if you remove it a few years later? Like fading or anything? Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Aro,
I wouldn't be too bummed out man. They actually strike me as a bit classier than full stripes. I would keep them for a few weeks and see if they grow on you.
Question for everyone, if you do vinyl on your car will it look bad if you remove it a few years later? Like fading or anything? Thanks

If you did the WHOLE car in vinyl then it would not do anything. It would actually protect the paint underneath.

BUT if you do portions of the the car in vinyl, then the vinyl'd portion of the paint would be protected and the other parts of the car that is not vinyl'd will be exposed to fading from the sun. So you may have a slight difference in paint color between the parts that were vinyl'd and the parts that were not. This slight difference to me is not a big deal though as the difference is very minimal.

·
Registered
916 Posts
A better shot...

I gotta say, that's not bad just the way it is. It's unique, which I'm always a big fan of, and it works with the lines. And the color combo is awesome.

Maybe you accidentally found your way into a cooler way of doing it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm trying to see if 5 yards of vinyl would be enough to do both doors (starting from the trunk and ending at the back tire) and the hood scallops? Can anybody tell me the length in inches of the door and hood scallops. I would greatly appreciate it.

Damn I think we hijacked Travon's thread here.

I can take a measurement for you tomorrow but i'm a little confused, you said from the trunk to the back tire? You mean from the driver's side door to the back tire?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I think this is the most disconnected and confusing thread ever. What are we actually talking about here? :dunno:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think posts 2-6 need to get moved over, maybe to the "any silver cars with blue trim" thread. It's already disjointed and confusing enough this will just be status quo over there. Can that be done? And then just erase this post?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey Aro,

Thx bro. I think it works well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts