Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's Saturday at noon and it's in !! Here's the blow by blow as promised.

"You don't need the 1/4 rachet if you move the airbox and plastic air guides."

Removal of the airbox is a 5 second deal, with a 10mm socket then pull straight up. Pushing the plastic air guides that are in front of the a/c condenser towards the center of the car, about 5 inches on each side will give you the room to get the 2 outboard phillip screws out with a normal screw driver and your sanity. Some bending of the plastic is required, but it's soft and will harm nothing, there is no bottom attachment.

Then the fun begins.

You must sit in front of the car and pull the grill out of the car, making sure not to scratch the top of the bumper area.

It's best to familiarize yourself with the placement of the tabs slots (4) that are around the outside edge of the grille/chrome pieces. With a little nudging and wiggling you will prevail.

As the instructions show the center tabs on the old grill must be cut to release the chrome grille bezel, see instructions!

Check out the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! ( 'whispers' - what about a 1970 script charger in front of it?)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know that was my second choise, but then then I would have copied you and nobody else has done the Superbee.
Keep us posted on the 180 therm install and effects on performance and gas mpg it bothers me that my temps run 225 degrees.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
understand what you are saying but i wouldn't be upset :happy: (have you seen "superbee" lettering, that would look better than the charger anyway)

i haven't put pics up yet so here are some...installed the lip and the r/t over the last two days.

and i will keep you posted on the gsm mod and tell you what i think...some guys have gotten the mods in and took them to the tracks already. not exactly the most positive results. we shall see in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
GoDaddy said:
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! ( 'whispers' - what about a 1970 script charger in front of it?)
I actually am going to do just that, I have 6 original 1970 charger script badges and I want to put one on the hood and annother on the trunk replacing the charger badge thats there. I just cant figure out how to mount the grill badge, it seems pretty heavy for the 3m tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
nope its not.....did it come with 3m tape already on it? mine is metal, so heavy like you said, and it is perfect man....there is enough contact places that it works out perfect.

·
Registered
384 Posts
nope, they came off a 1970 charger, they were orriginally attached by these pins comming out the back of them all, I have to get them rechromed. also they are hollow on the back side, bur good to know the tape holds well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i love the super bee badge!!

and i love the giant r/t badge too.

the charger script is a little too old school for me though i think.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
gotcha beezn......

of the moonlight - i wanted a little old school look to it. :happy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
haha im not trying to knock anyone. i give y'all props for making the car your own, in fact.

but im a young'un that didnt live through the muscle car era. though i may drool over them when i see them, i guess dont have any nostolgia for it. :happy:

·
Registered
384 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i wanted a little old school look to it. :happy:
same here and I thought it looked a lot better than the one that comes factory on the rear.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What's up with no charger badge in the passenger area? Last Charger I owned (1977 Daytona) Charger badges on both interior doors midway between arm rest and bottom of the window. It's like Chrysler wants to hide the model name. The only place they have it is on the trunk and even then you have to get really close to read it. They did not skimp on the HEMI badgeing though I have large ones on both qtr panels.I love the look of the super bee. I am looking for a charger badge for the grill and trunk with the r/t for the grill also.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i was thinking the same thing on the inside...no charger anywhere....so i am going to put a charger emblem (not sure if new or old) in the spot in front of the passenger (hope the air bag doesn't deploy...ouch!)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
beezn,
Use the pins Luke,
If the pins go through put a washer (paint black) on it and go to a hardware store and find the right wing nuts that fit it and run them down with your hand only, they're what my Dad used to call "pot metal", won't take much torque. When your done you know they won't fall off, thats how I held my Bee on and it weighs more than the script badges.

Good Luck

"May the farse be with you"

·
Registered
384 Posts
RDBRT said:
beezn,
Use the pins Luke,
If the pins go through put a washer (paint black) on it and go to a hardware store and find the right wing nuts that fit it and run them down with your hand only, they're what my Dad used to call "pot metal", won't take much torque. When your done you know they won't fall off, thats how I held my Bee on and it weighs more than the script badges.

Good Luck

"May the farse be with you"
thanks a lot, thats a sweet idea

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey, what did all those who bought the Charger emblem, and R/T emblem with the pointy pins do to install them? How do I put them on? Thanks everyone.

jweland

·
Registered
832 Posts
where did you get that super bee from?

·
Registered
186 Posts
yeah they are all over ebay, i was thinking about doing the superBee in the grill to go with the bumble bee stripes i want in the back, after seeing yours i think i just might go that route(not trying to copy).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No problem, go for it!
I saw a rear deck bee stripe on ebay for a blue Charger and loved it, but my car is silver and I need a black stripe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts