Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in the country tonight and decided to see if I could burnout for the first time ever in any car. I floor the brake and open her up wide, she's spinin, I get off the brake about halfway, the backend goes to the right a bit, I streighten her out and let off the brake, (I'm not too sure what exactly happened here but its almost like somone hit the nitro button or something cause she ROARS!) the backend goes left A LOT, I let off the gas and stop the car. damn! the patch is for about 50 - 60 ft. and I was going I think about 20mph actual velocity. and when I came back around to look at the patch you could see the lines between the rows of tread on the tires (michelins).

I now know I never want to get rid of this car, EVER.

·
Registered
549 Posts
How many miles on the beast?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I'll get yelled at for this but only 250.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not by me. I've been doing it since about 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Can't wait for cooler weather. Some mornings its "nippy" out and you can tell the car loves it. Starts to chirp when doing sharp rights/lefts off a stop sign. But yea... she has the power, with my resonators cut-out it sounds it too. My car is nice and loose now with 3700 miles. Had her life's blood changed today after a 2400 mile road tip. Car ran beautiful and not once was I challenged on the road... not that I would have taken anyway... (yea right). People with the "faster road cars" just look and KNOW. You get r-e-s-p-e-c-t. Just tap the gas... they'll figure the odds real fast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've 5500 miles and have yet to do a burnout - other than flooring it do I understand you must break hard at the same time?

I've floored it without breaking - and have never achieved burnout. Thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I did my first burnout with them my sale guy in the car with 9 miles on the odometer.
We where both still grinning when I doped him off at the dealer.
________
MARIAH live

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that is freaking awesome beezn...gave me some goosebumps brother!!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
How do you guys not get a burnout out of this car? With my ESP off, from a standing stop, I'll lay a patch about 10-15 feet long. If I floor it around a corner I'm putting the car sideways. Now - I'm talking WITHOUT brake-torquing. I do have the Daytona - so does that extra 10hp make that big of a difference? I've been running my car HARD since I picked it up with 8 miles on it. Seems to me that it's only getting stronger. If I were to brake-torque this beast I'm sure I'd have a 70 foot burnout. Really - no exaggerations here. I'm just not looking forward to replacing these tires, I know the 160mph rated Michelins are not gonna be cheap.

For those interested - a little off topic, but update on my MagnaFlow installed yesterday. Had it out on the highway for a bit, and at exactly 70mph there is a slight and subtle drone. Nothing terrible, you just know it's not the stock exhaust. Overall - I couldn't be happier than with the MagnaFlow. I'm just curious how the Volant CAI that I receive next week will change things. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
heat is a major killer in performance and when the air temp is 100+, the humidity is over 70 to 80% and the temp on the road is 120+.....it makes it very difficult to burn out.....you live an much cooler place than i do.....i have had one major burnout - it was on a sunday morning at 6am and it was the only time the temp has dropped below 70 degrees since i have had the car.....burned out for days. heat kills man.

as far as the extra 10 hp...if you have an aftermarket exhuast like i do - i am sure we have very similar hp numbers - again if we dynoed in the same temp, humidity, etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
naperguy said:
For those interested - a little off topic, but update on my MagnaFlow installed yesterday. Had it out on the highway for a bit, and at exactly 70mph there is a slight and subtle drone. Nothing terrible, you just know it's not the stock exhaust.
The droning sound you are hearing is more then likely the MDS kicking in and knocking your car down to 4 cylinders instead of all 8 at once. I would assume that the stock exhaust is tuned so that you will not hear said drone and it goes unnoticed.

Later

·
Banned
103 Posts
Just got the car and already doing burn outs and other ricer type things. To me this thread is the definition of a ricer.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
SupraTT850rwhp said:
Just got the car and already doing burn outs and other ricer type things. To me this thread is the definition of a ricer.
SupraTT, stirrin' up things as usual. :wink:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupraTT850rwhp said:
you miss dagummit don't you?

to me burnouts = muscle car which also is what the daytona means to me. the power is why I got it, well that the good looks and the saftey ratings.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Supra is a troll in disguise.

Hey Supra, pal, by the way, you might have added a few thousand to make your little gocart go "rearry fast," but it still looks like a piece of sh!t.

Cheers. :whistle:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
beezn said:
you miss dagummit don't you?

to me burnouts = muscle car which also is what the daytona means to me. the power is why I got it, well that the good looks and the saftey ratings.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: couldn't have said it better my friend!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
to me burnouts = muscle car which also is what the daytona means to me. the power is why I got it, well that the good looks and the saftey ratings

Amen brother.....

·
Banned
103 Posts
epoch said:
Supra is a troll in disguise.

Hey Supra, pal, by the way, you might have added a few thousand to make your little gocart go "rearry fast," but it still looks like a piece of sh!t.

Cheers. :whistle:
When ever you want to get embarassed by my go cart you just let me know. Until then STFU.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts