Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ran to the store a lil while ago for some supplies, and on the way back fealt like trying a 0-60 run (ive never done one before, because no evic), but i had a handheald stopwatch, so i was just going for a roundabout number, so at a proper stopsign i put it in first, pressed the factory esp button and go baby go! I LAID AT LEAST 60 FEET OF RUBBER!!! i mean i even started fishtailing while in motion! it was friggan amazing, and my only mod is flowmaster super 44s' on 3" pipes... god i feel bad for you guys that have trouble roastin em :grin:

oh, but my 0-60 time was exactly like 8 friggan seconds though, cause of the lack of traction... i guess ill have to go more easy on her to see what the real numbers are :smoke:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wet out.....jk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
805 Posts
So you can drive on the beach there. jk.
Nice burnout, mine was a 45 footer. That's what my 10 year old boy told me after he came back with the tape measure.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Uh-oh, be careful in the OC - lots of guys will call the Po-lice on you for driving Crazy!!! They even said so on here!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't trust using a stop watch because reaction time becomes a factor. At least for me, when I time 0-60s with a stop watch, I am at least a half second high.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't trust using a stop watch because reaction time becomes a factor. At least for me, when I time 0-60s with a stop watch, I am at least a half second high.
yea, it was basicly just to see a roundabout number, but i tried my best to time my hitting the button with the very instant my foot hit the gas, and since the road was totaly dead, i could look at the speedo constantly, and made sure i hit the button right as it said 60, but im not suprised it was so slow, i took off right away, like i wasnt sitting there burning the tires, they were roasting while moving forward, and didnt stop until i hit around 40, it was pretty scetchy, but fun as HELL!!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The analog gages also lag the actual speed of the car under heavy acceleration - meaning you hit 60 as the speedo swings past about 55.

Eric
x2 bout that... whenever i try and time myself it comes out to like 6.5-7 seconds cause or reaction time and lag... i've got evic but its the ole ghetto verson with no features....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice burnout... And that you did on the 22s... My burnout has been about 45-50 feet max... I also love it when it goes sideways.... I took a corner drifting her once... THen she started giving away and I got off of the gas...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice burnout... And that you did on the 22s... My burnout has been about 45-50 feet max... I also love it when it goes sideways.... I took a corner drifting her once... THen she started giving away and I got off of the gas...
Did that a couple times myself. That's when you wish you had ESP on.

I did a burnout exiting my work parking lot recently. I did the old brake torque deal and to be honest.....I didn't even know i was burning out. Suddenly I see smoke around me and i took off....the road was covered in white smoke, I was like "good lord!".

I guess certain surfaces produce the more noise than others.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Im still amazed that some cars with the exact same engines can do 30-60ft burnouts and others cant do any at all, or 3-5 feet. Not saying I disbelieve anyone who says they do long ones, just very amazed at the inconsistancy between vehicles equipped the exact same

Unfortunately for me, I have a Daytona with "10 more hp" then a R/T and R/Ts burnout better then me all day long.

I only have 3400 miles, im hoping as I approach 5-7k miles the car gets better

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im still amazed that some cars with the exact same engines can do 30-60ft burnouts and others cant do any at all, or 3-5 feet. Not saying I disbelieve anyone who says they do long ones, just very amazed at the inconsistancy between vehicles equipped the exact same

Unfortunately for me, I have a Daytona with "10 more hp" then a R/T and R/Ts burnout better then me all day long.

I only have 3400 miles, im hoping as I approach 5-7k miles the car gets better

yea i know what you mean, ive been amazed at the inconsistoncies (however you spell it) with the chargers, i sold dodges for about 6 mo and every time i drove a diff one its acceleration was completely diff from the last.

and ive seen on here guys that do the stock dyno tests on srt's thier numbers have differed sometimes close to 20 hp from eachother:dead: its pretty lame

and i know that the computers in our cars can be taught to make the car faster/more efficient or whatever, but even when it was brand new ive noticed a HUGE difference from my personal car and any other r/t ive ever driven, daytonas included, to be completely honest even driving srt's as far as speed goes, they didnt feel like they were THAT much faster, not at all, like there was a deff diference, because the different motors and stuff deffinatly accelerate differently, but in sheer speed, they werent much quicker.

oh and in reference to your car, ive read your thread, just give it time and try and run your car hard for a while, it can deffinatly take it, mines got a little over 23k miles and ive driven it hard since it had 7 miles, and i swear its still getting faster :grin:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The analog gages also lag the actual speed of the car under heavy acceleration - meaning you hit 60 as the speedo swings past about 55.

Eric
oh got it, yea that makes more sence, i forgot idd tried it a couple times this same way, but it was a while ago and i kept messing stuff up, (not turning esp off, forgetting to start the stopwatch :grin: ) but even still it seemed that i was going faster than the speedo said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts