Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so who else besides me thinks this is a rotten eBay scammer.
A 2007 Dodge Charger SuperBee with 1240 miles for a buy it now price of $15K, opening bid is $3400 - no reserve.
The reason he's selling it as qouted from his auction....."i'm selling it because i not have time to enjoy it travelling worldwide"
and yup he has a 0 feedback rating.
Do these guys actually get away with this crap?
Here's the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=320170071925&_trksid=p3907.m29

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sent him a question..............
"I'll buy it for $15K, how do you want the money.........Western Union?"
SCAMMER!

·
Registered
555 Posts
As barnum and Bailey once said (actually the original quote wasn't from them, it was from someone else) A sucker is born every minute. That is so true.

Ebay/Paypal make plenty of effort to make a buyer aware of "things too good to be true." This is nothing though. People (even well-educated at times) get taken daily in Phish cames and Phish schemes. As they say "caveat emptor" -- buyer BEWARE.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Funny how he's no longer a registered user but the auction isn't closed out yet for some reason.. :lol:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang that was quick, listing has been pulled.
I hope one of you guys besides me turned his arse in.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You're right it isn't closed, -- IT'S COMPLETELY REMOVED. Unfortunately Ebay won't bail out all the suckers.
It wasn't closed nor removed when I looked at it..

The auction was live but he wasn't a registered user.. :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Watch with eBay and especially Paypal they one in the same when anything with eBay. If you are a buyer you don't have **** for protection only the seller because the fees that the sellers pays to Paypal. If ever get a piece of crap that doesn't work don't have Paypal dispute it. Have you credit card company do the dispute. I made the big mistake to have those loser at Paypal dispute the chargeback. Those losers are in the process of screwing me over on the chargeback. Especially when you can't return the item to the seller that doesn't give you a legitimate address. Watch out Paypal will ask you send the item to their Paypal Return/Chargeback in 12750 Perimeter Dr Suite 154 Dallas, TX 75228. This a drop center for a liquidation company in Dallas, Texas. So buyers beware don't bid if sound too good to be true.
**** the Scammers!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I don't think I've bought anything on eBay for more than $100... half the crap on there is now just fake knockoffs or priced equally with what you could get if you just shopped around at the mall.

Finding odd collectibles seems all that is left for eBay.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eBay can be good as well, you just have to shop with caution. I got a fantastic deal on my 06 Charger that I bought on eBay.:grin:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The seller wrote me back, here's his explanation:
Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in my 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee 6.1 Hemi. I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept financing. The price I want to obtain for the car is $15,000 US (this price includes shipping and insurance charges).
The car is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with no hidden damages or accidents, it has always been garage kept, low miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally. The car is insured in case of damage and you will receive it to your address in 5 working days . It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user's manual,insurance etc). The title is clear and you will be able to register the car in your state without any problems.
I am requesting a $3,000 refundable deposit at the beginning of the shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection. If you are
not 100% content with the car you will be able to ship it back on my expense to get your deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reasons not to be content with it.
We will use eBay Motors as third party. First you will pay the down payment to eBay and you will send the receipt proving your payment to eBay. Please note that eBay will hold your deposit of $3,000 until you will confirm that you received the car and you transferred the title into your name.
If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address, eBay ID so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.

...waiting for your fast answer.

IS STILL THINK IT"S GOTTA BE A SCAM.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You guys got the auction canceled?

Damn, I was going to buy that car!!!

<JK>

·
Registered
229 Posts
I almost got caught buying some 22" Foose Speedsters for $1000, I didnt win, then I was contacted by the seller saying the original winner wanted to try and finance and the seller wasnt able to do it. So I could buy them with $1000. Hell, they even gave me a name and address. I googled the address, the last name matched, so I called the number I found and they had never heard of the person who said they lived there. So I reported it to ebay and paypal.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
They closed it, ohh and I had the high bid..Darn it!! :)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm still playing with this guy through emails.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked:
I'm still interested, but I can't fathom why you are selling a car thats worth about $35K for $15K......what's the catch? You know what they say about things thats are too good to be true. I do have the cash in hand though so I wouldnt need financing. Thanks and have a great day.

He replied:
I'm selling this car so cheap because I really don't have time to enjoy it. I'm home only 2 months per year and I have decided to make something else with the money fast! If you really want it and belive me, let me know your details asked because I can only sell it through eBay Vehicle Protection Program!!

Let me know asap.

Best Wishes

I'm gonna have to look into this eBay Vehicle Protection Program if there even is one. I still think it's a scam, but I'm still gonna play with him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts