Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory 6-disc CD/MP3 player and have noticed that certain MP3 tracks have a loud 0.5 - 1 sec hiss at the beginning (I burned about 100 MP3s onto a CD and play the CD). The song then plays normally. This only happens on certain songs, so I'm assuming it has to do with certain formats of MP3s the player has trouble with.

I've played the same MP3 cd in my truck with a cheap Dual CD/MP3 player and the hiss isn't there.

1. Does anyone know what format I should have my MP3s in for the factory player

2. How would one change their MP3 format?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I have the factory 6-disc CD/MP3 player and have noticed that certain MP3 tracks have a loud 0.5 - 1 sec hiss at the beginning (I burned about 100 MP3s onto a CD and play the CD). The song then plays normally. This only happens on certain songs, so I'm assuming it has to do with certain formats of MP3s the player has trouble with.

I've played the same MP3 cd in my truck with a cheap Dual CD/MP3 player and the hiss isn't there.

1. Does anyone know what format I should have my MP3s in for the factory player

2. How would one change their MP3 format?

thanks!
mp3 is the format, some music may have ripped with a different codec. Is this music you ripped, or DL? Do the same tracks on that same disc hiss on any other player?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I know mp3 is the format, I guess I was referring to the different codecs. The mp3s that work were ripped from cds. The ones that hiss were downloaded (bought from Amazon). Is there a way I can change whatever codec Amazon used?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
you could try DL audacity, which is a free audio editor and trim off the hiss at the beginning.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I tried that before but the hiss isn't part of the song, it's something that happens when the CD player starts playing the song. So no matter where I trim the song, the hiss will always be there.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
try taking the audacity program, save it to their native format and then convert it back to MP3. Don't know how much additional data loss will come from that... but has to be better than listening to the hiss

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try taking the audacity program, save it to their native format and then convert it back to MP3. Don't know how much additional data loss will come from that... but has to be better than listening to the hiss
Thanks PD, I used Audacity to open up the mp3s that were causing the hiss, then I resaved them as mp3s using Audacity's export tool. Now there's no more hiss at the beginning of each song.

I guess our factory stereo's don't like Amazon's digital music downloads.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Glad I could help!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks PD, I used Audacity to open up the mp3s that were causing the hiss, then I resaved them as mp3s using Audacity's export tool. Now there's no more hiss at the beginning of each song.

I guess our factory stereo's don't like Amazon's digital music downloads.
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Some MP3s are the older format and confuse the player. I've also noticed if you have a CD with the AAC format (or other) and MP3 formats, it takes longer to switch between those songs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts