Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Thanks man. My wife loves her Purple Charger and I like that car so much I got one myself, just with a slightly bigger engine. I thought about going Purple which is called Hell Raisin which is slightly darker then her Plumb Crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
There has got to be something (good) about a woman that can appreciate and drive a Dodge Charger!
You are one lucky fellow Mantis............

Don

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nice !!! We have his & hers too (my wife's is Plum Crazy)
I just read you're 6 foot 4 on the other thread.... adjust the motor on your garage door opener to open all the way. First thing I did when I moved into my home! That thing looks like it is near your head with a 7 foot door.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I just read you're 6 foot 4 on the other thread.... adjust the motor on your garage door opener to open all the way. First thing I did when I moved into my home! That thing looks like it is near your head with a 7 foot door.
The previous owner of the house had a very tall SUV and so he had the door set to go all the way up...however, this allows the bottom panel to sag and eventually crack. The door is cracked all to hell and held together with 2"x4"s bolted to the inside to keep it from breaking in two. The correct way to hang the door so that it is not stressed/sagging is the way I have it now....and I do have to duck everytime I go in/out !!!

I would get a new door with windows if I could find a company around here that wasn't selling overpriced junk ($2K for a non insulated door--I refuse to pay that!)

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My door use to hang like yours . I got new rollers and the guys who did it now have my door go all the way up. I'm only 5 10 so either way was fine by me.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The previous owner of the house had a very tall SUV and so he had the door set to go all the way up...however, this allows the bottom panel to sag and eventually crack. The door is cracked all to hell and held together with 2"x4"s bolted to the inside to keep it from breaking in two. The correct way to hang the door so that it is not stressed/sagging is the way I have it now....and I do have to duck everytime I go in/out !!!

I would get a new door with windows if I could find a company around here that wasn't selling overpriced junk ($2K for a non insulated door--I refuse to pay that!)
What is your door made out of wood? Mine is normal thin steel door with insulation and my last panel doesn't seem to be over stressed. I guess I've never looked that closely at the final panel, my wife hit it a few years ago while the door was opening on the way into the garage with the top of her SUV so it already has a bit of an arch that would I guess support it!

I'm 6 foot 7 and if I had to duck going in and out it would drive me nuts. If I'm wearing "tall" shoes that's already an issue with a normal 80 inch door.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My door use to hang like yours . I got new rollers and the guys who did it now have my door go all the way up. I'm only 5 10 so either way was fine by me. View attachment 295663
I like your microfiber caddy! I'm blessed to have a 24x24 garage, it is messier than yours but I can still walk around my car front and back and side.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just a standard wheel caddy from Wallmart. It's nice it has drawers for use to fold our towels which we get from the Rag Company and Adams Polishes.
The top few drawers have detailing interior brushes , clay bars , Wax pads etc. It's nice to organize as both my Son and I are hobby detailers. My son does some friends and family on the side. He gets paid for doing what he already loves doing.
My Garage is only 20x20 I wish ours was 24x24 those extra 4 feet I would love to have. Then the Door is down the Charger only has a few inches behind and in front due to the work bench and Tool box I got there.
Since my wife basically never ever uses the other bay, I was thinking about moving the Table and Took Box to the other bay and freeing up a few feet. I may end up re organizing for just 1 car and the other bay all the tools benches etc. I'm gonna do the floor and re paint it soon.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was moving from a condo in the big city so any garage would have been good, it was only later that I realized how big the 24x24 is! Our hood the normal size is 20x21 or 22x22 not too many larger than mine. Our actual house is on the smaller/medium size which is fine by me.

My wife has her Pilot in there all year round since we get snow! Her side has all the kid stuff and sporting goods and I put one of those 4x8 Safe Racks up too to hold holiday decorations and seasonal toys like sleds and inflatable pools roller blades etc.

My side is tools and car stuff but I also have a huge garbage can to the side of the door too. Two feet in a garage is like 5 feet in your living room! My walls are drywalled and painted white but the tape and seams look bad. Maybe when the kids are older I'll paint it all.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
What is your door made out of wood? Mine is normal thin steel door with insulation and my last panel doesn't seem to be over stressed. I guess I've never looked that closely at the final panel, my wife hit it a few years ago while the door was opening on the way into the garage with the top of her SUV so it already has a bit of an arch that would I guess support it!

I'm 6 foot 7 and if I had to duck going in and out it would drive me nuts. If I'm wearing "tall" shoes that's already an issue with a normal 80 inch door.
It is an insulated steel door. If you don't leave it open for too long the sagging won't hurt it, but I frequently work in the garage and it is open for 8 hours at a time... poor old thing started sagging more and more and finally cracked. That is what lead me to researching the proper way to adjust the door.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dang Kraut! How many cars do you have around there?

·
Registered
800 Posts
It is an insulated steel door. If you don't leave it open for too long the sagging won't hurt it, but I frequently work in the garage and it is open for 8 hours at a time... poor old thing started sagging more and more and finally cracked. That is what lead me to researching the proper way to adjust the door.
Great now I'm going to be paranoid about my door! I'm going to keep an eye on it, I don't want to do siding/windows/garage door for a while!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
LOL Thanks man. My wife loves her Purple Charger and I like that car so much I got one myself, just with a slightly bigger engine. I thought about going Purple which is called Hell Raisin which is slightly darker then her Plumb Crazy.
Is her Purple one AWD? It looks like it is sitting up a lot higher than yours.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Is her Purple one AWD? It looks like it is sitting up a lot higher than yours.
Yeah you can tell by the wheels those are 19x7.5 AWD wheels... can't see the brake calipers but I taught my son to look for the front caliper position to confirm.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
My wife loves her purple Rallye "Barney Mobile", it even has purple leather seat inserts (Katzkin's) and she drives it like a bat out of hell... I don't like to ride in it though, it has the "Sport" suspension and it bangs and clangs over every little bump in the road (hurts my back).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts