Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At an incline intersection I travel often I noticed the hill start assist does not release. Sometimes whenn no one is behind me I will test it. Recently she will sit there as long as I allow it with foot off pedal. When pressing the throttle it's like nothing happened, no bind release symptom, it just goes.
Scanned for codes, nothing.
Put the car in the air and spun the wheels and the parking brake doesn't drag. Hmmm?

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
@ GP:
This is how the Hill Assist works in my '14 R/T.

Don

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,856 Posts
Same here, Holds until I give it enough gas to move the car in a direction.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was timing out as designed and mentioned in the manual. Now, or say the last time I used it was holding continuous.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My 2014 Challenger M6 was by time and it worked great, the 16 Challenger SRT A8 has it on the build sheet but it has never worked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update,

The hill I was testing and basing my report on I had not done so since I replaced my torque converter. I was getting the occasional PO741 for years and finally it was setting every time I drove. A *New MOPAR TC made it vanish for good. MPG improved also.

After reading replies here I went to another steeper hill near here and it would pull up the hill a little. So I went to a freaking incline here that rivals a ski slope and it times out. So you guys not timing out are showing signs of a TC in good shape.

*Most if not all NAG1 spare parts TC's are re-manufactured these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts