Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have a brand new R/T and yesterday I started hearing this high frequency whine that seems to be coming from my headlights :confused: As soon as I do something like remotely open the doors and the HID lights come on I can hear the whine. Was wondering if this is normal? My wife has a '12 Chrysler 300C with HID lights and I have never heard any whining from her lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2014 does the same. It happens when the ballast is given power until they have warmed up. Once warm, the buzz should quiet down.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
All I have a brand new R/T and yesterday I started hearing this high frequency whine that seems to be coming from my headlights :confused: As soon as I do something like remotely open the doors and the HID lights come on I can hear the whine. Was wondering if this is normal? My wife has a '12 Chrysler 300C with HID lights and I have never heard any whining from her lights.
Does the noise occur while driving? When does the noise stop? I suggest to have your servicing dealer inspect for the condition.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nate thanks for the information.

DC I don't think it continues while driving. But then again my music is cranked up in my Beats speakers and the engine is gunning so I'm not paying attention.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Same. Not an issue at all. Normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts