Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have this problem. I had the sound since day one. I can hear it real loud in the garage. I can still hear it in the car, but not as bad. I haven't had a chance to hear other cars. Any thoughts. The dealer is no help.

I recorded the sound. Does anyone's fuel pump sound like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRvZcUvltoU

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There are a few threads on this. I just posted one myself. I have a squeal coming from the rear end of my car too. What do you mean the dealer wouldn't help? I was planning to ask about it when I take it in for scheduled maintenance next week.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few threads on this. I just posted one myself. I have a squeal coming from the rear end of my car too. What do you mean the dealer wouldn't help? I was planning to ask about it when I take it in for scheduled maintenance next week.
Well its not a squeal, but a high pitch soud coming from the fuel pump. It is on the drivers side. The dealer said it is normal.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i got i thought it was a leak in my exhaust first so i took the beast to my muffler shop put it on the rack and they couldent find a keak but couldhear it cleary under the car

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got i thought it was a leak in my exhaust first so i took the beast to my muffler shop put it on the rack and they couldent find a keak but couldhear it cleary under the car
Thats what it sounded like to me at first too. Once it was in the air you can hear it coming from the pump. Maybe we are stuck with the sound. Unless more complaints come in and they come up with a better designed pump

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Thats what it sounded like to me at first too. Once it was in the air you can hear it coming from the pump. Maybe we are stuck with the sound. Unless more complaints come in and they come up with a better designed pump

I USED TO NOTICE IT REALLY BAD IN HARD ACCEL U?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had the back seat out of my 07 R/T to install a CB. I had to move the car. With the seat out it was loud as hell back there. I wonder if you have all the insulation that is supposed to be there? I noticed a thick gray foam like pad under the seat. You can lift up the back seat and look. The seat comes straight up with a tug at each end.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I USED TO NOTICE IT REALLY BAD IN HARD ACCEL U?

No change with fuel, speed or RPM

I had the back seat out of my 07 R/T to install a CB. I had to move the car. With the seat out it was loud as hell back there. I wonder if you have all the insulation that is supposed to be there? I noticed a thick gray foam like pad under the seat. You can lift up the back seat and look. The seat comes straight up with a tug at each end.
I have had the seat off, but never checked underneath to see what padding is there. So I assume you can hear it outside and when your window is down and your at idle?

·
Registered
716 Posts
No change with fuel, speed or RPM

I have had the seat off, but never checked underneath to see what padding is there. So I assume you can hear it outside and when your window is down and your at idle?
No, I could only hear it inside, back seat out, windows up and car running at idle. I turned around to see what the noise was and figured it was the fuel pump (pumps ?). It sounded like I was driving at 60 with the window down. Of course when I put the back seat back in it, it was quiet.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Sounds to be more on the drivers side for me too. I can hear it upon start up and even as I drive if the window is open. It makes me so crazy that I have to run the radio to keep from focussing on it.
I can't believe they said it's normal. I'll see what my dealer says.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds to be more on the drivers side for me too. I can hear it upon start up and even as I drive if the window is open. It makes me so crazy that I have to run the radio to keep from focussing on it.
I can't believe they said it's normal. I'll see what my dealer says.
Let us know...I have a feeling this is normal for this pump. Unless they design something better. I have listened to the pumps on the 6 cyl and they have no noise. I think we have a high volume pump.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Got the same thing for almost 20K miles. Before that, I had a Pontiac GTP that you could clearly hear from all over the car. THe dealer was cool and said they would replace it but it would make the same noise - I left it alone and turned up the radio :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes, mine sounds basically exactly like that. And every where I turn I'm being told it's normal. I was at the dealer the other day and they had a brand new Ram running outside that had the exact same whine. I think we're stuck with it.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Never noticed it in my car. :nervous s

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That sounds gawd awful. My R/T fuel pump sounds nothing like that horrible sound. I get a little whine when it primes up, but not even close to your pump sound.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dealer said they would replace it. Fuel pump has been on 3 week back order so far. Makes you say hmmm.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts