Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am just starting to break into my Charger, 06 SXT, which I'm 99% sure has a bad lifter/lifters due to the ticking coming from the upper half of my engine...but does anyone have any experience with a high peformance Camshaft/lifter package that would help with some low-end torque?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Well the tick on the 3.5 is nothing new....
Your going to want to look for camS
And right now inertia is the only people that make cams.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The 3.5 doesn't have lifters.It's over head cam so it doesn't have push rods either.....and on overhead cam the rockers are called cam followers.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I think what your hearing is the fuel injector. I thought the same thing until I went to a shop that I trust and they said that is all it was. Do the old screwdriver trick and you can hear it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think what your hearing is the fuel injector. I thought the same thing until I went to a shop that I trust and they said that is all it was. Do the old screwdriver trick and you can hear it. Hope this helps.
Screwdriver trick............... :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
You very well could be hearing valve noise its a pretty common thing with the 3.5L. Check your oil level - these engines are pretty sensitive and if they get half a quart low or more they will get a bit noisy. I believe there is a TSB for the valvetrain - if my memory is correct something about a shim or clip that holds the followers/rockers in tolerance for horizontal movement. I have the Inertia V1.1 cams in my Magnum and they use lash caps to bring the gaps back in tolerance. If your considering the cams all I can say is be patient with the tuning process because its been over a year and I'm still fighting massive amounts of KR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You very well could be hearing valve noise its a pretty common thing with the 3.5L. Check your oil level - these engines are pretty sensitive and if they get half a quart low or more they will get a bit noisy. I believe there is a TSB for the valvetrain - if my memory is correct something about a shim or clip that holds the followers/rockers in tolerance for horizontal movement. I have the Inertia V1.1 cams in my Magnum and they use lash caps to bring the gaps back in tolerance. If your considering the cams all I can say is be patient with the tuning process because its been over a year and I'm still fighting massive amounts of KR.

i thought the predator took care of that?....or have you not gotten it fully tuned yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts