Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just did my first oil change at 2,000 miles. Put in Valvoline synpower 5w-20, 6 quarts. Oil pressure at 85 psi 1200 rpm settled down to 75 psi @ 850 rpm idle. I seem to remember the pressure being 35 psi at idle. Haven't warmed the engine fully. Don't think I did anything wrong.
2013 SE 3.6 V6 8 speed
WIX filter 57526

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
909 Posts
That sounds about right for a new engine that's not warmed up... My Hemi with 31k miles on it shows around 60ish psi on a cold start using 0W-20 synthetic. Take it for a drive and report back what the oil pressure is when everything's nice and hot.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RT! Yes, fine now with warmed engine. 35psi idle. I had never looked at the cold pressure before and wasn't sure about the pegged indicator.
If not for guys like you on this forum I would have probably pulled the filter off.
Kevin

·
Registered
909 Posts
No problem man. When engines are new the bearings are very tight and need time to wear in. You'll see over the course of the first 10k miles your oil pressure will drop a little.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess these things happen when we have too much information. If I just had an idiot light instead of a gauge, there would have been nothing to question. hahaha

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's alright man, at least you asked. Most people wouldn't even care to know what the oil pressure is or what it means..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts