Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got 40,000 miles on the Mango. Its a daily driver so theres no other way. I always say if you got it drive it dont let it sit... BUT its killing me. Please tell me im not the only one doing this to the poor car. I sometimes feel ive ruined the cars value but in hind site i guess i could always rebuild it later cause im never getting rid of it.. Just venting some high miles blues......:cry:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Don't fret about it...I have over 25K on mine and drive it almost everyday. These cars are meant to be driven, leaving them parked is more of a waste IMO.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I agree but as long as you can pay them off before any major problems occur. I can't see making a car payment and having to pay for major repairs at the same time. That makes no sence. All bumper to bumper warrenties should last as long as the payments IMO. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I agree but as long as you can pay them off before any major problems occur. I can't see making a car payment and having to pay for major repairs at the same time. That makes no sence. All bumper to bumper warrenties should last as long as the payments IMO. :)
With the new lifetime warr. they will....if only I had bought mine now.....:(

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You and I may be a rare breed in our plans to keep this vehicle forever. I recommend you talk to Kevin at the link below before you get to 48,000 miles. Discounts on Lifetime Maximum Care Service Contract Warranties are now being offered. If that's too much, Lifetime Powertrain Warranties are available also at a discount until 30 Sep.

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/lifetime.htm

·
Registered
498 Posts
You and I may be a rare breed in our plans to keep this vehicle forever. I recommend you talk to Kevin at the link below before you get to 48,000 miles. Discounts on Lifetime Maximum Care Service Contract Warranties are now being offered. If that's too much, Lifetime Powertrain Warranties are available also at a discount until 30 Sep.

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/lifetime.htm
I too plan on kepping mine forever. You posted some good info, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I bought my R/T to drive it. I have a 60 mile round trip commute, so I'm guessing I'll put 15,000 to 18,000 on it a year. I figured if I need to be in that much, I might as well enjoy it and have some fun!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm approaching 40K on mine too...doesn't matter to me, though, b/c I plan on having this car forever!

And if I ever do have to sell it, there's only 3999 other ones, and beggars can't be choosers....if they want a GMG Daytona, mileage isn't really gonna be the biggest factor.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got 40k on mine as well. I bought the car to drive, not sit under a blankie in my garage. Shoot, I took a road trip from OKC to Indiana 2 days after I bought it. Drive it, enjoy it. Just think about all the memories you will have when it hits 100k.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm approaching 40K on mine too...doesn't matter to me, though, b/c I plan on having this car forever!

And if I ever do have to sell it, there's only 3999 other ones, and beggars can't be choosers....if they want a GMG Daytona, mileage isn't really gonna be the biggest factor.
Actually less than that, considering several have been totaled and some converted into limo's, convertibles etc...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have never understood people that buy cars to park them.

As for loosing value... The value in a car is the ability to drive it and you liking the ride. Yeah... money is important but you already started paying for it. To pay $40k on a car and then not drive it... does not make a lot of sense to me.

Short of buying a Harley... as soon as the car leaves the lot you just lost money.

Drive it and have fun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Actually less than that, considering several have been totaled and some converted into limo's, convertibles etc...
See???So mileage should matter even less!

You got my general point though, right? :grin:

·
Registered
498 Posts
See???So mileage should matter even less!

You got my general point though, right? :grin:
Absolutely, got the point. Hi again BTW!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Drive them & enjoy them. THESE ARE DODGES. We all think we will keep our cars forever,BUT, they will not last past 5 years before falling apart, and the resale value will be long gone, especially with all the problems showing up on these forums.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Drive them & enjoy them. THESE ARE DODGES. We all think we will keep our cars forever,BUT, they will not last past 5 years before falling apart, and the resale value will be long gone, especially with all the problems showing up on these forums.
Any car you keep forever you're gonna be having to fix problems that come along anyways. Granted, we live in a "disposable" society, however, if you care enough and put forth the effort and money, it's not out of the question to say that those who are willing can keep their cars forever. Plus, if you plan on driving it forever or at least 'till the wheels fall off, who cares about keeping the resale value??

FYI: I know LOTS of people who have cars that are 5+ years old (fords, dodges, etc) that are running just fine and still look great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you have all made me feel better.. thanks.. my wife thinks im crazy for the way i treat the car but ever since i was 15 and got into my friends 70 SS Chevelle i wanted a bad A$$ car.. She says i love the car more than her (not true) LOL.. BTW that Chevelle is still in his garage 15 years later. Ive offered to buy it but he says no way.. Guess i watch to much Barret Jackson....

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
GMG wth 26K on it. Cars are designed to be DRIVEN, not to be sat around!

Especially the Charger! :grin:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Gollee you get around...

Sublime with 4K miles..........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts