Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i wanna get HIDs and the guy told me 110 for the kit and all.... First off what color you guys think for a bright silver charger?

2 . he told me there has to be a wire ran to the battery cause of to much power or sumthing?

did anyone else do tht? or did they just plug and play like its suppose to be done ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
aren't they like sold in power not color? Also, the the ones I have seen go for like 300 to 600 bones.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
na over here in ny there 110 =) but they have diff colors 6k 8k 10k 12k blue all tht kinda crap

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think if you get a good set, they should plug directly into your stock wiring without much hasel, also the lower the number the brighter they are, the high # gets bluer. Love the flicker when they turn on.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wait for the 08 projector housings to come out first, then decide what HIDs you want, make sure they fit...

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^when they coming out ? how much they gunna be? and i think id get like 8k.. what u guys think 8k or n o?

·
Registered
427 Posts
ok i wanna get HIDs and the guy told me 110 for the kit and all.... First off what color you guys think for a bright silver charger?

2 . he told me there has to be a wire ran to the battery cause of to much power or sumthing?

did anyone else do tht? or did they just plug and play like its suppose to be done ?
a good hid kit should be plug and play. you will not need to run wires to the battery because you have a power terminal up front in the engine bay so you can get power from there.

The install is simple. you connect the red wire on the wire harness to the power terminal(after everthing is connected) in the engine bay then you connect the ground. take the head light bulb out connect the wire harness to the bulb sucket, put the hid bulb in your head light housing, connect the ballast do the same for the other light, then turn lights on step back and admire. this is how I installed my kit yours may differ slightly. I have 6000k it looks blue but not too blue imo anything higher than 6000k looks to rice.

^^^^when they coming out ? how much they gunna be? and i think id get like 8k.. what u guys think 8k or n o?
The money you will spend to retro fit 08 projectors in your headlights will be over $750 because you will have to buy the headlights to get the projectors and the complete 08 headlights will not work on our cars..

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the guy said he has to run a wire to the battery but will tht put my check engine light on? i dnt want tht ... so u think 8 k lights are gunna b to blue? do u have pics of ur lights on i wanna see what the 6k look like i had 10 on my old car

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
If you have to run something all the way to the trunk the kit is crap. I just ordered my 8000k HID kit today from a very reputable company and have no worrys at all. Lifetime warranty, all plug and play under the hood, waterproof of course, no buzzing from the relays, guarenteed not to flicker, and these people know LX platforms very well

Cant wait to get it

Hint: Expect to see sublime color matched projectors in the very near future

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what im saying my old car didnt need to relay nothing .... but he said its to much power thats why .... maybe ill buy them and install them myself just plug them in and play

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats size bulbs do our chargers have?

·
Registered
427 Posts
the bulbs are 9005/6

yea the guy said he has to run a wire to the battery but will tht put my check engine light on? i dnt want tht ... so u think 8 k lights are gunna b to blue? do u have pics of ur lights on i wanna see what the 6k look like i had 10 on my old car
that guy does not know what he is talking about. no your cel will not come on. do yourself a favor spend a little bit more cash and get a quality system. i'll post pics when I get home.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dnt get why he said they give off to much power and they need to run off to the battery then... im gunna get the 8k maybe.....what u thinkwhats the diff with 6 and 8?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bumppppppppp

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bumppppppp

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a midnight blue charger, and I'm planning on getting the 6k. The 8k is "bluer", and has less useable light. I think when you get to 8k, the lumens start going way down, because the light is getting to the other(higher, blue, almost purple) end of the color spectrum. Just like a rainbow, or flame. lowest temp=orangish yellow, highest temp=purple. I personally like 6k. 8k isn't that bad, but don't go higher than that. IMHO.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea so u sayin tht 6k isa bright white?...I can just plug and play with the chargers right i dnt have to relay?

·
Registered
609 Posts
4k is bright white, and what most all factory projector HID's use, but you see the other colors when not directly in front of the beam. The 6k has just a bit of blue, just right for me, but it's up to you. Any reputable company will have plenty of info on they're site. Should even have a color spectrum so you can compare them.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think im gunnna get the 8k i like tht little hint of blue maybe 6k idk yet what do all u think i should get on a bright silver chargeR?

1 - 20 of 113 Posts