Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got in my Oracle HIDs from Flybyou a wonderful Seller 2 days ago. Nothing but good things to say about him. But i had some severe issues with fitment. After my first attempt at installing the HIDs i got severly frustrated.Noticed that the Bulbs would not go In fLush. SO i resorted to reviewing every possible Install thread on CHargerforums.com. NONE WORKED!!!!!

The HID bulbs would not fit flush enough to turn and lock. Flybyou(Dan) and others who have HID told me you have to push hard and evenly they will go in.. Well i got them in almost then i decided to figure out why they werent working right.

Well i thought BS.. Nothing should be forced in hole... Find out why it doesnt fit.

DynoXG stated in his write up that you may have to trim tabs. I cant speak if that is still neccessary or not since i did trim my tabs and they still didnt fit for me.

In pic above there are Orings around the bulbs which keep a tight seal in the Headlight housing.. they were actually different sizes.
The halogen bulb has a Yellow(COLORS MAY VAR DEPENDING ON MAKE OF BULB) smaller O ring.. and the HID has a RED larger Oring. It may not be as evident in picture but look at the Lighter shadow.. My camera could not focus good enough to show thickness. but the 2nd shadow shows the tale.

The yellow Oring off the halogen is significantly Thinner. Its something so small and so easy.. And saves a lot of headache and unneeded pressure on the housings. The reason many if not most of you all had to push so hard to get the Lights in. Its becasue your fighting a rubber O ring. Which is hard to compress.

Swap the o Rings out and your HID bulbs will slide in like or if not easier then the halogen Bulbs do.

SO before you trim tabs... Please try swaping Orings.. And those who had this problem but still got there bulbs in try this when you have time and if you still have the old bulbs. you might be surprised. or mad.

My lights look amazing by the way Thanks Dan...

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Yup, I added that to my Everything HID thread.

I spent hours on this too, turns out just take the ring off the halogen bulb, viola!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this same problem, but I pushed like hell and they went in fine.
Pushing like hell isnt fine.......

Your fighting the Red Oring.. My one side went in but the other i couldnt get my massive hands in to do the same..

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I added that to my Everything HID thread.

I spent hours on this too, turns out just take the ring off the halogen bulb, viola!
i skimmed thru that i really must have overlooked. Oh nice meeting you in Ohio.I was the big Tall Blk Mf'er who you explaint your floaters too.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
i skimmed thru that i really must have overlooked. Oh nice meeting you in Ohio.I was the big Tall Blk Mf'er who you explaint your floaters too.
thanks bro!

It was nice meeting you too man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant I pushed the chit out of them and it went in lol....Problem I kept having was on the drivers side, there wasn't enough room to get my fat black hand in lol
My problem too...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Great, glad everything went smooth once you figured out the issue.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I had to do that same thing with my HID sets from Stealth auto when first bought the kit. They have since changed the kits to the smaller o-rings

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Haha. Pull the air box or cai next time guys. It's easier and faster than trying to smash your hand in there on the driver's side. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Haha. Pull the air box or cai next time guys. It's easier and faster than trying to smash your hand in there on the driver's side. :bigthumb:
even with that done, some HID bulbs have some FAT arse rings that just will not go in (No, that's not what she said.)

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
He said two things. 1. The O rings made it impossible to fit. 2. In later posts people said working on the driver's side was challenging due to space. The solution to problem 2 is pulling off the air box or cai. It can be done in less than 2 minutes and save your hand and frustration. Problem 1 is obviously solved as was stated in the op.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just got in my Oracle HIDs from Flybyou a wonderful Seller 2 days ago. Nothing but good things to say about him. But i had some severe issues with fitment. After my first attempt at installing the HIDs i got severly frustrated.Noticed that the Bulbs would not go In fLush. SO i resorted to reviewing every possible Install thread on CHargerforums.com. NONE WORKED!!!!!

The HID bulbs would not fit flush enough to turn and lock. Flybyou(Dan) and others who have HID told me you have to push hard and evenly they will go in.. Well i got them in almost then i decided to figure out why they werent working right.

Well i thought BS.. Nothing should be forced in hole... Find out why it doesnt fit.

DynoXG stated in his write up that you may have to trim tabs. I cant speak if that is still neccessary or not since i did trim my tabs and they still didnt fit for me.

In pic above there are Orings around the bulbs which keep a tight seal in the Headlight housing.. they were actually different sizes.
The halogen bulb has a Yellow(COLORS MAY VAR DEPENDING ON MAKE OF BULB) smaller O ring.. and the HID has a RED larger Oring. It may not be as evident in picture but look at the Lighter shadow.. My camera could not focus good enough to show thickness. but the 2nd shadow shows the tale.

The yellow Oring off the halogen is significantly Thinner. Its something so small and so easy.. And saves a lot of headache and unneeded pressure on the housings. The reason many if not most of you all had to push so hard to get the Lights in. Its becasue your fighting a rubber O ring. Which is hard to compress.

Swap the o Rings out and your HID bulbs will slide in like or if not easier then the halogen Bulbs do.

SO before you trim tabs... Please try swaping Orings.. And those who had this problem but still got there bulbs in try this when you have time and if you still have the old bulbs. you might be surprised. or mad.

My lights look amazing by the way Thanks Dan...
I used a little machine oil on the new HID O rings and this worked fine for me.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I used a little machine oil on the new HID O rings and this worked fine for me.
He's been waiting two and a half years for that solution. But seriously, thanks for the tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts