Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I installed my HID conversion kit which came with two bulbs a wiring harness and a power ballace. They seemed perfectly fine as I was turning them on to test etc earlier. Took a quick test drive with them worked fine.

About 5 minutes ago I took the car out to go to a movie, and I gunned it up the hill behind my house and my lights started flashing like a strobe light. Turned around to head home and as soon as I turned the car off it stopped.

What should I do?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumb.....

Come on guys I really need some help here.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youre probably missing the "error code eliminators".
Where did you get your HIDS from?

I had the same thing happen. Do a quick search.
My neighbor owns a shop and sells them. They are xenon 6000k white. He says I may need a relay so im going to try that tomorrow.

Where would I find that error code?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Relays will not work if the can bus system senses no load on the circuit it will cut off power..you need capacitors installed before each ballast or error eliminators as some are sold...you can go to radio shack and buy 2 capacitors and wire them in for under $10....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relays will not work if the can bus system senses no load on the circuit it will cut off power..you need capacitors installed before each ballast or error eliminators as some are sold...you can go to radio shack and buy 2 capacitors and wire them in for under $10....
Well what I have wired up now is two ballasts that are the power blocks for the lights.

So it goes oem wire connector into ballace, them the ballace connects to wirring harness for the HID. The relay should stop the flashing with that set up shouldnt it?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
No, it won't. The relay just powers the ballasts off the battery and then only uses the headlight plug to trigger the relay. The relay doesn't put enough draw on the circuit to prevent the CAN bus from cutting power. By installing error-code eliminators (capacitors) before the ballasts, the CAN bus will always detect enough draw to continue supplying power to the ballasts and you will not suffer the HID flicker/strobe effect.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help with this guys, im going to try the capacitors today, we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Any update on your HID issues?

·
Registered
209 Posts
yea, its the error code eliminators, i got a ticket because i started driving with the high beams thinking i needed a new HID bulb when i really didn't

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any update on your HID issues?
So the flashing has stopped. I switched out my ballasts last thursday and the flashing stopped right away. I dont have any error things resistors or relays.

Everythings workings awesome!

Thabks for the help everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts