Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok so I purchased a HID plug and play kit with a relay kit and all.. i've connected all the plugs to its matching ends and grounded all wires that needed to be grounded..but still no lights!..:cry: am I doing something wrong here ? ? Newbie here.

LET THERE BE LIGHTTT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
789 Posts
check the relay fuse. If that's not the problem best thing to do is use a volt meter to make sure the relay is working properly by turning on and off the lights.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would check the polarity on the HID leads. When I installed my HID fogs I had the same issue. Switched the wires and they lit up :)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Like blkcharger mentioned, its a Polarity thing. I had no lights either on mine at first. Actually, I flipped the harness over that snaps into the relay so the two prongs DO NOT clamp over and the little bump on the top of the harness, bingo "then there was light"

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm....ok...another thing i forgot to mention is that my actual ballast has a power indicator light....obviously theres no power going into the ballast...all the cables seem fine...maybe i gottta check the ground again.. thanks for everyone for their advice...i'll let everyone know how it turned out!

·
Registered
427 Posts
hmm....ok...another thing i forgot to mention is that my actual ballast has a power indicator light....obviously theres no power going into the ballast...all the cables seem fine...maybe i gottta check the ground again.. thanks for everyone for their advice...i'll let everyone know how it turned out!
just because the wires on the harness look good does not mean they are. I installed hids on my friends car and it would not turn on. I tested the ballst and they were good, the wires looked good also. finally i rigged up my own + and - wires and ran it to the ballast and the lights came on.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yall where right!!! just switched the plug over and BAMM it worked! Thanks for all the help!!! BUT....... now my left driver light works when it wants to...flickers here and there...so i went ahead and purchased the little capacitor at radio shack..now I know you have to plug it in to the 86 pin and 85...but which ones which? Its not labeled.... here a few pics...

my relay looks kinda wierd...

this is a pic i got online thinking it'll be that easy but my relay only has 4 ports..this guy has diffrent ports as u can see...

Once again thanks for everyones help! -Pops

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
his relay looks different but it is still a 4 plug relay. Look on your relay. Sometimes it has a diagram on it that shows which plug is which.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope nothing at all..im goin crazy over here...still lookin for answers searching everwhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts