Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me just say sry in advance cuz i know this is gona be a re post... but i just couldnt find it...

Ok so show me ur hid lows and fogs!! lol

im looking to order hids and im thinking of getting 8000k for my lows and fogs but i know some ppl get different colors for there lows and fogs

so can you guys show me some pics of ur hids?

or if someone can find the link from the other post

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

I have now taken out my low beams and put back my factory ones after 1 low beam burned out after 3 mons still have the fogs.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
5000K lows and fogs

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess i was wrong... everyone is using the same colors for lows and fogs

thanks everyone... really good pics... but im still stuck between 6000k and 8000k!!! anyone have anything to say that really sets one of those two apart? To me there both great colors so i just cant pick one lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
no pics yet, but i went with the 6000k. I didnt want that completely blue look, i wanted more of the pure white look

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
5000K lows and fogs

Great pics Tyrant! I like the way the light on the fogs came out on the pics. :thumbsup:

I guess i was wrong... everyone is using the same colors for lows and fogs

thanks everyone... really good pics... but im still stuck between 6000k and 8000k!!! anyone have anything to say that really sets one of those two apart? To me there both great colors so i just cant pick one lol

I can't see much of a difference if any between the 6000 and the 8000. I know someone who did 8000 lo's and 6000 fog's but I havn't seen them in person only pics.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
You do understand that its not just a color...right? 6000K is a very white/very bright light, 8000K is bright/blueish.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
the higher you go the more output of light you lose. I wouldnt go past 8000K imo

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
You do understand that its not just a color...right? 6000K is a very white/very bright light, 8000K is bright/blueish.
If you are asking me, yea I do. I only see a blueish when they first turn on but they are pretty white to my eyes. People have told me they look blue so I guess there is a blue hue. I'm old so my eyes don't see so good anymore. :smile:

If you were not asking me then disregard...:laugh:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I was jsut letting the OP know, so he didnt buy for PURE color and that he knew you lost output. I figured you would know big sexy :D

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
:laugh:...oh you are too funny. :laugh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i did know that the higher u get the less light they put out... but then to me there isnt that big of a difference on the light out put between 6000k and 8000k :confused:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the higher you go the more output of light you lose. I wouldnt go past 8000K imo
Its weird because ive had every kelvin and they all look about the same. Only thing i notice the bluer ones don't show up as good on freshly paved roads. I use 50W those suckers are bright.

This is my 12000K i used to have. They don't match my halos very well so i switched to whiter 50W hids.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Its weird because ive had every kelvin and they all look about the same. Only thing i notice the bluer ones don't show up as good on freshly paved roads. I use 50W those suckers are bright.

This is my 12000K i used to have. They don't match my halos very well so i switched to whiter 50W hids.
Do you get flashed at a lot of do you just have your HIDs pointed relly down ?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Do you get flashed at a lot of do you just have your HIDs pointed relly down ?
Well i don't have the 12k in the pics although i miss them lol. But yes with my 50W hid kit i aimed them down but i still get flashed. To tell the truth in a dark area i think you'd get flashed no matter what you have. People with their bright halogens blind the hell out of me but i dont flash people because i know my headlights are bright as hell. I never understood why people get so upset its like you're looking at the headlights for a few seconds then you never see each other again lol. Even being followed by someone with HIDs isn't that bad unless you dont have tinted windows. I don't know.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well i don't have the 12k in the pics although i miss them lol. But yes with my 50W hid kit i aimed them down but i still get flashed. To tell the truth in a dark area i think you'd get flashed no matter what you have. People with their bright halogens blind the hell out of me but i dont flash people because i know my headlights are bright as hell. I never understood why people get so upset its like you're looking at the headlights for a few seconds then you never see each other again lol. Even being followed by someone with HIDs isn't that bad unless you dont have tinted windows. I don't know.
Very true i find the new cars even with there low beams look like high beams. The other day i was at a light right across was a van i was gonna flash the guy cause i thought it was so freaking bright, till he turned and i noticed it was his day lights, and this was all in the day time and the sun was out.

Sometimes i dont know why people feel the need to look head on into headlights. :slap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts