Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:

My husband just got the HID lights installed on his 2007 Dodge Charger and the left light keeps flickering and turns off. This is the 2nd set that was installed since the tech that installed it thought it was probably the light itself that was not working properly but its happening to his set of lights too.

Can someone please tell me how we can go about fixing this problem? Your advice is much appreciated

-ChargerWife

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
:cool:

My husband just got the HID lights installed on his 2007 Dodge Charger and the left light keeps flickering and turns off. This is the 2nd set that was installed since the tech that installed it thought it was probably the light itself that was not working properly but its happening to his set of lights too.

Can someone please tell me how we can go about fixing this problem? Your advice is much appreciated

-ChargerWife
you need a special wire harness, or a resistor... HAL (the cars computer) does not like HIDS... this resistor makes HAL think they HIDS are actually stock lights....
someone else here can help out better, but I'm no tech wise :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have been reading, i need to get a capacitor. Can someone confirm this for me and where can i get one? Thank you !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are talking to a girl here. I'm just trying to help out my husband who is stuck at work right now. I dont know what a capacitor is or a harness or a relay or anything on cars. I can change my oil and pump gas and that is the only thing I do when it comes to cars. I know what the search tool looks like and I have used the search option and its somewhat helpful which is my 2nd question. I get conflicting results, some people say to use a "capacitor" other people say that i need a "relay and harness". I dont know which one. Any VERBAL advice will be appreciated. Thanks gentlemen!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slowdohc...I understand it might have gotten discussed a million times but just help me out here. I'm new, its my first post and I seriously do not want my husband to be driving at night and all of a sudden both lights turn off on him. It can cause a really serious accident and probably kill him. Can you please tell me what I can do to help fix this problem. Like I said, its conflicting, a relay and harness or a capacitor. Which is it? Where can I get one? I dont know!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Please refer to my post on the 1st page.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I do know, its been discussed a million times. I also have HID's so I know FIRST HAND whather problem is.
Thanks for sharing then, really polite of you. I had the same problem and BLKCHARGER posted the solution, you may need someone to do it for you, without a soldering iron, you are kind of out of luck.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Blah blah blah, because its a girl everyone bows down?

How about you help the other guy who is having a similar issue a few posts down? Men on the internet crack me up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BLKCHARGER, I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REFERENCE. IT IS VERY HELPFUL AND YOU WERE VERY HELPFUL (unlike a certain somebody). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

How about you help the other guy who is having a similar issue a few posts down? Men on the internet crack me up.
I already offered my $.02 there also.

BLKCHARGER, I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REFERENCE. IT IS VERY HELPFUL AND YOU WERE VERY HELPFUL (unlike a certain somebody). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
You are welcome!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

different problem, lower on the page, had not got there yet.

And I was a newbie and new nothing at one point, I asked things I now know are easy to find, but I got help so I can hopefully help others, that's all. Being a female had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Why shouldn't we be nicer to a woman than a man?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
LMAO.....wow, is ths true? A HID post where theres no bashing so far?, ironically its a girl

Cmon, someone tell her how illegal it is, and how the glare is gonna cause huge 20 car pileups, I know its itching your skin!

:)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well I didn`t know the problem - you did but would not tell the person. Like I said before - we are here to enjoy these cars and the people who enjoy them.And if we can help that is all the better. I get sick and tired of people who just say "SEARCH" , that is the lazy way out.Maybe if you would have directed her to a thread then you wouldn`t have been dissed. No we don`t bown down just be cause it is a woman , we offer help if we can.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts