Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just checking to see what people reccomend for a good HID kit and a Strobe Light kit for my Charger.

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flashing white lights on the headlamps and tail lamps. Like the DOT safety vehicles use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
flashing white lights on the headlamps and tail lamps. Like the DOT safety vehicles use.
Don't know what the laws in VA are, but in NJ you would need to be either a LEO or an EMS volunteer with a very friendly local PD.

Either way, don't put strobe tubes in the headlight assemblies, they're not very effective when the headlights are on. In most cars we put them in the corner lamps, however the corner lamp assemblies on the Charger have very little clearance and you will overheat/damage the housing. I use LEDs in the grill instead.

In the rear, put them in the clear reverse light section of the taillight housing.

You'll need a Whelen strobe power supply, 4 channel 60 watt, plus the requisite number of pop-in strobe tubes. DO NOT get the screw-in style, make sure you get the pop-in grommet style.

The rear of the car is very easy to wire. The taillight assemblies come out very easily and the power supply mounts quite handily in the spare tire well next to the battery.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not trying to use these while driving. I would like them for doing car shows. That's it. It would be illegal to use these while driving.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not trying to use these while driving. I would like them for doing car shows. That's it. It would be illegal to use these while driving.
Here is one idea, if you don't mind not using your fog lights you can put your strobs where the fog lights are...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts