Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tell me if i am crazy.

i installed my HID's tonight. one of the ballasts had a small dent in it and the plastic connector was slightly melted before even in stalling. but i figured oh well it should work. so i installed everything and it worked fine ran them for the 10 mins with no issue. probably turned them on and off like 5-10 times with no issue. then i went for a ride to walmart and it all worked perfectly went and got something to drink then came out hit the key to unlock the doors and the lights came on and were on till i got in the car to start it. well the driver side shut off then the passanger side. i though hmm odd. started the car and went to turn on the light and blew the fuse. i ran in to walmart and bought some fuses and put another in and blew it again. so i drive home with high beams. (way to piss off everyone)

when i got home i checked the wiring and nothing out of place. so i put another fuse in and it blew again. (now i get pissed) so i unhook the driver side light put another fuse in and the passanger side works perfectly. so i unplug that one and plug the driver side on in and it blows it again. (now i get real pissed) so i take the driver side ballast off the driver side and plug it into the passanger side and put another fuse in and it blows the fuse. so yeah i went through all 5 fuses..lol

so im guessing the ballast is the issue. let me know if you think its the same thing or if i am crazy.

·
Banned
370 Posts
apparently the dented metal box is touching someting inside to blow the fuse. Hopefully the seller will be cool and send you one in return of the defective one. If not, try to take the cover off and take the dent out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does have a 2 year warrenty.

·
Banned
370 Posts
only prob is you have to prove it was done in shipping... Good luck.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you install a relay harness?

·
Registered
465 Posts