Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently got HIDs installed on my 08 Charger, they flicker and shut off while running. I have seen the thread regarding the troubleshooting and info on them. The dude wants to install resistors instead of capacitors and a relay. Should I let him do this??? What is the difference and how could this affect my electrical system?

·
Registered
595 Posts
i think most people usually order a HID harness off of e-bay, or you can get error code eliminators from DDM tuning. if you order the harness there is a "how to" on the form. you can install it yourself, the write up is pretty soild. no need to have a shop charge you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i mean they are already put in and he ordered, I believe he said 90 ohm resistor packs and he said that will solve my issue. Im just curious as to if this will mess my whole electrical system up and if it will mess with my sound system when I get it put in.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i mean they are already put in and he ordered, I believe he said 90 ohm resistor packs and he said that will solve my issue. Im just curious as to if this will mess my whole electrical system up and if it will mess with my sound system when I get it put in.
They're capacitors, not resistors, and no they will not mess with anything..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I know that. the dude keeps telling me I am wrong, even when I printed out everything on how to do it. He keeps insisting that the resistors will fix it instead of the relay and capcitor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts