Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone here know of or have used any of the aftermarket HID headlight conversion kits? It seems pretty simple, replace the stock low beam 9006 bulb and the 9005 hi beam bulb with the new HID bulb and the accompanying HID box for each light.....these kits say they are plug and play, but do they mess with factory harnesses and such???? Any info will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey, does anyone here know of or have used any of the aftermarket HID headlight conversion kits? It seems pretty simple, replace the stock low beam 9006 bulb and the 9005 hi beam bulb with the new HID bulb and the accompanying HID box for each light.....these kits say they are plug and play, but do they mess with factory harnesses and such???? Any info will be greatly appreciated...thanks!
I have instal 3 HID kit on my car, I have try so many kind before choosing the good one.
On a Dodge the power send to the headlights in pulse power-supply, any ballas will work propely.
I have to do a modification on a ballasts to be able to instal plug-and-play whith out any problem.
You can go on my web site or call me to have a good price.
www.danielforand.com

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how was the install of the hid's and the demon eyes? I assume the hid was easy cuz its plug and play, but are the demon eyes easy as well?...those things look awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Either the HID or demon eyes were hard. Just time consuming. The HID kit is plug and play and with a $0.15 diode in there will be no flickering. I cant tell you how impressed i am with the products i have from AAC. They not only work amazing on my car but gave my SRT a new meaning of the word BAD ASS!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Either the HID or demon eyes were hard. Just time consuming. The HID kit is plug and play and with a $0.15 diode in there will be no flickering. I cant tell you how impressed i am with the products i have from AAC. They not only work amazing on my car but gave my SRT a new meaning of the word BAD ASS!!
I'm somewhat of an HID newb, although I've had a couple conversion kits on my cars already. What is a diode, and where do I get them from? Where do they go?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here is how you fix the problem. I used a 470uF capacitor, purchased for a pennies at Radio Shack, and simply soldered it from the 86 pin to the 85 pin on the relay. If you unplug the relay from the harness you will see the pins and the numbers on the bottom. I chose to solder short leads of 16g wire on the cap to get a little room to work with. Make sure the positive side (the longer lead) of the cap is attached to the 86 pin. Try to solder the leads as close to the top as possible so you can plug the relay back into the harness or you can jump across on the wires below the relay in the harness.
That's it. No more flicker.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey do you think there is a very noticeable difference between 6000K and 8000k as far as light output? I want to have a slight bluish tint which the 8000K will give me, but I dont want to sacrafice too much light output in the process....any thoughts???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts