Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do HID's have a break in time for the true color rating to show? Im having problems with a kit I purchased but I wired it up 10 min ago just to see the color. Its supposed to be a 8000K kit, as the box is labled that as well, but the light is very white with a bare hint of violet almost. I didnt have the car started, just the accesory power running. I heard somewhere HID's need to be on almost 20 hours or something before the true color breaks in....any thoughts?

Also, the problem im having is the passenger side bulb doesnt want to "lock" in the housing. It pushes in where its supposed to, but wont twist to lock in place at all. The driver side is installed, but barely locked, literally twisted a millimeter or 2, but its in there. Ive tried filing down the 3 ears on the bulb a little but that did not help. The company is telling me I might have to loosen up the chrome ring on the backsdie of the headlight where the bulb twists into, problem is with the washer fluid tank, etc its impossible to work in there. any suggestions?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah, they did have a "break in" period. I think I remember mine saying the time required was 20 hours of use...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah mine took about 10 mins and they were then exactly what they are now.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i noticed on our light bulbs that the 3 lobes on the assembly that allow it to "lock"....

that one one of them is smaller than the other 2. just a shot in teh dark, but perhaps you should try making sure that you are lining up the small lobe with the small slot in the housing.

best of luck!

·
Registered
898 Posts
i had that same problem with the bulb on the passenger side, got tired of the bulb coming off and got rid of the HIDs if you find a way to solve it let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts