Charger Forums banner

Hi

4K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  Goat Lover 
#1 ·
New to this forum, been on GTO forums for a while. Still saving up for a GTO to get a few years from now (hopefully if everything goes well).
I want to make it clear right now, I AM NOT HERE TO BE A TROLL I like the new charger and if it wasnt for there being a GTO, that would be my dream car for the future. I am a 16 year old (17 in 2 months) and admire the new charger... except for the ones with 6's... Shure, the cars got 4 doors and all but if you got the $$$ and care about that crap that can be fixed. I hope to contrbute here with my opinion and all. Just saying hi. :)

#3 ·
Welcome! I almost bought a GTO. Road tested it and all. Loved it except it is a little small for me. I've always been a GM guy but I ventured out in to Dodge to get a Charger because I have a family and wanted 4 doors and performance. Gm had it right with the 94 - 96 B-Body / Impala SS which I've owned but they don't have anything in this class any more unless you want a truck. I just sold my 04 Silverado SS Supercharged which I also loved but at 12MPG I needed a change. I only keep my vehicles 2 years so that gives GM some time to build something better. If not I'll stick with DC.

#6 ·
Supernoma said:
First day here and I find a GTO thread on the first page :D

I love my car, almost as much as the fire sale GM had last fall.

The Charger is alright looking, but for looks Id prefer a Magnum.
Cant deny V8 performance though ;)
wow we are being swarmed with GTO trolls again

#11 ·
I almost bought a 05 GTO but HATED the 2 doors!
Hench the LOVELY 4 door Daytona Charger in my garage!
I just could not bring myself to buy a Cavalier on `roids!

:lol:

#12 ·
JSA 007 said:
Don't get me wrong, I like GM and have nothing against the GTO, but an '04 GTO has nothing to brag about vs an R/T :wink: You need the '05 model to take us out, and then we'll just point you toward the SRT guys :D

:cool:
You say an R/T can take out the LS1?
Typicial 0-60 for a R/T is what, 6 seconds?
Typcial 0-60 for a LS1 GTO is 5.5 seconds. (manual is 5.3 seconds)

0-60 for the LS2 GTOs is high 4s.

So you guys get the SRT, we get the stronghold on aftermarket parts :yes:

#14 ·
AZCHARGER said:
I almost bought a 05 GTO but HATED the 2 doors!
Hench the LOVELY 4 door Daytona Charger in my garage!
I just could not bring myself to buy a Cavalier on `roids!

:lol:
Guess Im luckg being a young guy, I dont worry about 4 doors. GTOs rear buckets are nothing to scuff at, just the ninja acrobatic skills needed to get to them. :D

Cavalier on 'roids...... envy brings the worst in people. For every Magnum, Charger, 300, Mustang I see, most are just 6ers; every GTO is packing at least 350 horsepower. ;)

#16 ·
Cavalier on 'roids...... envy brings the worst in people.
Envy huh, LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
I`m sorry, I just don`t see the point of coming on an internet message board, talking crap about a car I don`t own, to brag how much better your car is!

#18 ·
AZCHARGER said:
I`m sorry, I just don`t see the point of coming on an internet message board, talking crap about a car I don`t own, to brag how much better your car is!
Talking crap? Did I talk crap?? I said I dont have a taste for the appearance.

Oh and for the 0-60 specs...
http://www.pontiac.com/specs/specs_content_files/specs_viewall.jsp?brand=gto

www.GTO.com said:
Custom tailored and performance tuned, the 4-Speed Automatic provides performance that rivals that of the Tremec given a 0 to 60 time of 4.6 seconds. The secret: Software programmed to match the 4L65-E to the LS2's on-and-off throttle characteristics.

#19 ·
4.6 sec. huh, I`ll believe it when I see it!

I know people that have 05 GTO`s and they DONT run under 5

#20 ·
AZCHARGERS NEXT STOP....... to go to an GTO board to brag about my 4 doors! :lol:

#22 ·
Supernoma said:
You say an R/T can take out the LS1?
Typicial 0-60 for a R/T is what, 6 seconds?
Typcial 0-60 for a LS1 GTO is 5.5 seconds. (manual is 5.3 seconds)
I never said anything about "take out". It just that the '04 doesn't pull away at all :whistle: It stayed right at my rear quarter the whole time... :asleep:

#23 ·
cavalier on roids huh? come on guys - it looks more like a sunfire...don't disrespect the cavalier like that....and then numbers don't lie....rolling start the charger can keep up!!!! 4 doors have NEVER looked so good!!!

#24 ·
cavalier on roids huh? come on guys - it looks more like a sunfire...don't disrespect the cavalier like that....
Well said "Go-Daddy-San" :lol:

#26 ·
JSA 007 said:
I never said anything about "take out". It just that the '04 doesn't pull away at all :whistle: It stayed right at my rear quarter the whole time... :asleep:
All these sharp eyed car gurus, are you sure you werent racing a Sunfire?

"Wow, what a race, that thing got a Hemmah?!"
Nope, just my little 4 popper :)

Funny thing is, the glorious "Hemi" (if you want to call it that, it dosent even have hemispherical combustion chambers) is more of a GM small block copy cat then a design breakthrough. But you guys can say you have 16 spark plugs, so you can brag how your tune-ups cost that much more.

I come here looking for intellegent enthusiats, instead I find a bunch of haters with an insecurity complex about superior performing cars. If you hate the GTO this much, you must despise Cobras and Vettes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.