Charger Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
GLHS837 said:
How the hell can we insist that others not slam the Charger becuase it does not match the format of the historical one when we are going to do it to others?

Not too long ago, folks had huge issues with folks calling Chargers "magnum sedans".
Yeah, that was the point of the joke. People shouldn't come on this forum putting down the charger because we can say the same about their "new" vehicles.

JSA 007 said:
Yeah, that was the point of the joke. People shouldn't come on this forum putting down the charger because we can say the same about their "new" vehicles.
Umm..I never said anything bad about any car. I stated I have had no problems with my GTO, because that's what the question asked..if the person's GTO was a lemon or not.
I'm pretty sure I said in my intro. thread that i was merely here to learn and have fun. So now, if you want to start making jokes about what chasis my car is based on...that's okay because I understand this being a Charger forum, but don't expect me to sit here and take it like a B****. Especially when I know the difference between my car and yours.
Thanks for the nice welcome JSA 007.

GLHS837 said:
Now see, this a perfect example of folks doing to others what we dont allow here. How the hell can we insist that others not slam the Charger becuase it does not match the format of the historical one when we are going to do it to others?

Not too long ago, folks had huge issues with folks calling Chargers "magnum sedans". Sound familiar? Respect is a two way street.
I thought the very same thing when I saw that, but bit my tongue and didn't post a response. Thanks GLHS for saying what I couldn't.

radguy said:
I will cut you some slack since it is a 04 A4. If you compare it to the average runs for stock 04 A4's at LS1GTO.com I would say it was respectable. Your 60' was good as well. As for me besting you well I was close on my guess. I figured you would run an 11.7-11.8 1000'. My local track is only 1000'. So the only 1/4 times are an estimate. It would definitely be in the 13.9-14.1 range though. I will have some better times this weekend. Should be 11.5-11.6 stock. Have you had any issues with your GTO? My brother’s is turning out to be a lemon. He has had a lot of little problems. Still loves it though.
lol, any issues? Is that a joke? My car is sitting at the dealership waiting on new carpet (some defective drains let water fill up in the body and spill into the cabin.) It's been a nightmare, no carpet in the US, my car may be torn apart till Ocotber :(

Heres some pictures I took
Driver side

Passanger side

Rear driver side

Rear passanger side

Center console

DAM, THAT SUCKS man, sorry to hear that! :sad:

Supernoma said:
lol, any issues? Is that a joke? My car is sitting at the dealership waiting on new carpet (some defective drains let water fill up in the body and spill into the cabin.) It's been a nightmare, no carpet in the US, my car may be torn apart till Ocotber :(
That has to suck. No, I was not asking as a joke. As I said I think my brother's is a lemon because it has had a lot of little things wrong and it only has 18K on it. Lets see, ebrake broke, both fog lights broke, speaker grill on the drivers side door fell off, gauges sweeping from side to side and then stopping while driving, and some drive train vibration that the dealer can't find. No water leak for now anyway. Hopefully they can get yours fixed right. As I said before even with all the problems my brother still likes his. Anyway no car is perfect, my new charger now has a noise coming from some where in the middle of the dash. It gets louder every day. Guess back to the dealer I go see if they can make more noises trying to fix this one.

I peruse the GTO forums also, and they're very helpful and informative on the GTO as everyone here is on the Charger. I'm just a fan of good sports cars. Good to see you Goat lover, do you still have the Jimmy Page avatar?

radguy said:
That has to suck. No, I was not asking as a joke. As I said I think my brother's is a lemon because it has had a lot of little things wrong and it only has 18K on it. Lets see, ebrake broke, both fog lights broke, speaker grill on the drivers side door fell off, gauges sweeping from side to side and then stopping while driving, and some drive train vibration that the dealer can't find. No water leak for now anyway. Hopefully they can get yours fixed right. As I said before even with all the problems my brother still likes his. Anyway no car is perfect, my new charger now has a noise coming from some where in the middle of the dash. It gets louder every day. Guess back to the dealer I go see if they can make more noises trying to fix this one.
Given this car was sold as a Monaro for years before coming to the US, why are we having silly issues like electrical gremlins and water leaks? These problems coming out just now dont make sense.

radguy said:

You might not get anywhere by arguing about a bunch of little things.... unless the spend 30 days trying to fix everything.

so my car sat at the dealership for a month. Finally they put the old carpet back in and sent it home. I filled for a buyback and that's finishing up- Hoping to have a 05 GTO by months end at the latest.

I know the gauge problem- I had to turn my car on/off several times to get the gages back to 0
I've read another person keeps breaking their e-brake handle

I probadly woudlv'e kept mine if GM didnt put me through such a hassle. take the car apart a couple times, throw old carpet back in.... go fix the car, just not on my dollar. :asleep:

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Whoa... :eek: ...I come back a month later and my thread turned out to be a ticking time bomb, lol

Supernoma said:
Given this car was sold as a Monaro for years before coming to the US, why are we having silly issues like electrical gremlins and water leaks? These problems coming out just now dont make sense.
Well, the cars are different in many ways and it was a first year run with the 04 GTO and its setup. Ive also read that the guage problem can be fixed by the dealers with a software update or somethin. Thats ust what ive read on the forum though.

SRT8Texas said:
I peruse the GTO forums also, and they're very helpful and informative on the GTO as everyone here is on the Charger. I'm just a fan of good sports cars. Good to see you Goat lover, do you still have the Jimmy Page avatar?
As a mater of fact i put it back up like 2 weeks ago

--------------------------------

Also, last week on saturday or whatever day the car show is (im brain dead right now, lol) at the pavilions i saw 2 gomango daytonas. pretty nice.

Also I saw a go mango daytona in my neighborhood a couple weeks ago. Complimented the guy on his ride.

Anywho. That be all for now, lol

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.