Charger Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Supernoma said:
You say an R/T can take out the LS1?
Typicial 0-60 for a R/T is what, 6 seconds?
Typcial 0-60 for a LS1 GTO is 5.5 seconds. (manual is 5.3 seconds)
I never said anything about "take out". It just that the '04 doesn't pull away at all :whistle: It stayed right at my rear quarter the whole time... :asleep:

cavalier on roids huh? come on guys - it looks more like a sunfire...don't disrespect the cavalier like that....and then numbers don't lie....rolling start the charger can keep up!!!! 4 doors have NEVER looked so good!!!

cavalier on roids huh? come on guys - it looks more like a sunfire...don't disrespect the cavalier like that....
Well said "Go-Daddy-San" :lol:

JSA 007 said:
I never said anything about "take out". It just that the '04 doesn't pull away at all :whistle: It stayed right at my rear quarter the whole time... :asleep:
All these sharp eyed car gurus, are you sure you werent racing a Sunfire?

"Wow, what a race, that thing got a Hemmah?!"
Nope, just my little 4 popper :)

Funny thing is, the glorious "Hemi" (if you want to call it that, it dosent even have hemispherical combustion chambers) is more of a GM small block copy cat then a design breakthrough. But you guys can say you have 16 spark plugs, so you can brag how your tune-ups cost that much more.

I come here looking for intellegent enthusiats, instead I find a bunch of haters with an insecurity complex about superior performing cars. If you hate the GTO this much, you must despise Cobras and Vettes.

I come here looking for intellegent enthusiats, instead I find a bunch of haters with an insecurity complex about superior performing cars.
I dont think your bragging about 0-60 times helped!

Supernoma said:
All these sharp eyed car gurus, are you sure you werent racing a Sunfire?

"Wow, what a race, that thing got a Hemmah?!"
Nope, just my little 4 popper :)

Funny thing is, the glorious "Hemi" (if you want to call it that, it dosent even have hemispherical combustion chambers) is more of a GM small block copy cat then a design breakthrough. But you guys can say you have 16 spark plugs, so you can brag how your tune-ups cost that much more.

I come here looking for intellegent enthusiats, instead I find a bunch of haters with an insecurity complex about superior performing cars. If you hate the GTO this much, you must despise Cobras and Vettes.
From my vantage point you, Supernoma, are the one with the hate. Nothing from any of your post was of any intelligence and was mostly puffery about how great your [insert whatever car you have] is. When called to the carpet about some of your stats, you got totally defensive and from this last post you have fallen into flame bating with denegrating comments. Thank you for making the next descision easy for me. You just earned an ignore from me for being an ass more so than being a troll. Goodbye.

Supernoma said:
If you hate the GTO this much, you must despise Cobras and Vettes.
I never said I hated the GTO. Just that it wasn't anything to brag about :rolleyes: Plus, my brother has a '65 GTO :tongue:

BTW, I also have a Vette :wink: :cool:

Supernoma said:
come to www.ls1gto.com

We welcome all makes and models.
Why? I am already a member. We welcome all makes and models, please! LS1GTO.com is no different than any other board. My question would be why is your 04 GTO so slow? Can you not drive? Here is one slip of me in a stock 04 GTO MT.

Click Picture (#342)
Here is what I have run in my 06 Charger.

Click Picture (#342)
Looks to be about the same, if not a little better, than what you have in your sig for your best time over at LS1GTO.com.

Welcome gto members,while I like the old cars and the name of gto,I really can't get use to its new styling(even the 2 dr. aspect doesn't help it out),however I heard the 2007 model might be redone,so lets all hope it looks better than the current one. I'm sure it must be nice to have a 400hp corvette engine in your car,now once gm can get some decent redesign on it,it should be a force to reckon with in both styling and performance.Personally I like the charger srt-8,as well as the daytona. :happy:

radguy said:
Why? I am already a member. We welcome all makes and models, please! LS1GTO.com is no different than any other board. My question would be why is your 04 GTO so slow? Can you not drive? Here is one slip of me in a stock 04 GTO MT.

Click Picture (#342)
Here is what I have run in my 06 Charger.

Click Picture (#342)
Looks to be about the same, if not a little better, than what you have in your sig for your best time over at LS1GTO.com.
Slow? Considering it's an automatic, and it was my first time to the track (so yes, my driving ability does suck) I'd say my time was respectable.

As far as besting my car, see my slip from that run:

What was the 1/4 for your Charger's run?

Supernoma said:
Slow? Considering it's an automatic, and it was my first time to the track (so yes, my driving ability does suck) I'd say my time was respectable.

As far as besting my car, see my slip from that run:

What was the 1/4 for your Charger's run?
I will cut you some slack since it is a 04 A4. If you compare it to the average runs for stock 04 A4's at LS1GTO.com I would say it was respectable. Your 60' was good as well. As for me besting you well I was close on my guess. I figured you would run an 11.7-11.8 1000'. My local track is only 1000'. So the only 1/4 times are an estimate. It would definitely be in the 13.9-14.1 range though. I will have some better times this weekend. Should be 11.5-11.6 stock. Have you had any issues with your GTO? My brother’s is turning out to be a lemon. He has had a lot of little problems. Still loves it though.

radguy said:
I will cut you some slack since it is a 04 A4. If you compare it to the average runs for stock 04 A4's at LS1GTO.com I would say it was respectable. Your 60' was good as well. As for me besting you well I was close on my guess. I figured you would run an 11.7-11.8 1000'. My local track is only 1000'. So the only 1/4 times are an estimate. It would definitely be in the 13.9-14.1 range though. I will have some better times this weekend. Should be 11.5-11.6 stock. Have you had any issues with your GTO? My brother’s is turning out to be a lemon. He has had a lot of little problems. Still loves it though.
No problems here...lays down rubber with little ease and puts me in the back of my seat like no other...all the while getting 17-23 mpg. :)

Now see, this a perfect example of folks doing to others what we dont allow here. How the hell can we insist that others not slam the Charger becuase it does not match the format of the historical one when we are going to do it to others?

Not too long ago, folks had huge issues with folks calling Chargers "magnum sedans". Sound familiar? Respect is a two way street.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.