Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Professionals or not can anyone take a guess what that is in my coolant?

Just bought a 2020 Dodge Charger. Had 26,100 miles when bought it and a week later discovered what ever that is in the coolant.

I only discovered it when I added (the correct) coolant because the coolant level was very near the bottom of the cold line...so I filled it up to the top of the cold line.

Currently nothing is wrong with my coolant temperatures. On the freeway the temperature is usually between 198° to 203° (sometimes it can go down to 195°) and in stop and go traffic it's usually between 203° and 206°. I've never seen it go higher than 210°.

I am looking to get the coolant flushed out but that won't take place till at least a couple weeks (when I have more time.) If it was an emergency I'd have it flushed out much sooner. In any case, there's no indication (at least in my point of view) that anything is wrong but at the same time I don't think anything should be floating around in there.

Also from what I can tell, there's not a lot of that stuff floating around, it seems to be limited to basically what you see in the picture and possibly a little bit more.

Tableware Food Ingredient Automotive lighting Cuisine

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Could just be grit or dust that found its way to the overflow reservoir I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: thebarnman

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Barnman:
Welcome to the forum. Factory coolant fill is good for 10 years, or 150k. It appears you are still under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty, correct? You could have your local dealer evaluate it, but without any problems/overheating etc, I doubt they will do anything. At minimum, they would document your concern in their system.

Don

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barnman:
Welcome to the forum. Factory coolant fill is good for 10 years, or 150k. It appears you are still under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty, correct? You could have your local dealer evaluate it, but without any problems/overheating etc, I doubt they will do anything. At minimum, they would document your concern in their system.

Don
Yes, you are correct SIR! Also that's what I'm going to do but I'm not going to take it to a dealer. I'll be taking it to a separate service facility garage who's going to take a sample and like you say "evaluate it." If it turns out to be anything more than a bit of grit or dust or even hardly anything at all, I'll be sure to update this thread. Because of my schedule, I won't be able to get it there till at least another couple weeks or so.

Thanks for your advise!

Reactions: N8ECH
1 - 5 of 5 Posts