Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, my dad is doing ok for now. His surgery went well Monday. He was in the op room for 3 hours, instead of the 4 they told us to expect, from 8 to 11am. Monday at 11PM he came off the respirator (sp, i'm exhausted), and the tube going into his stomach came out. ALL GOOD STUFF! They were gonna move him out of CCU into a regular room yesterday, which we didn't want b/c the level of care is so great in CCU, but they said he was well enough to be moved. However when they took him off of O2, his O2 level fell from 99 to 88, so they kept him in CCU. Can't leave unless it's 91 on his own. This morning the doc gave him 2 pints of blood to hopefully aid the level of O2 in his blood to normal on his own. This is a complication from smoking so many damn cigs. It's one day at a time guys, like 2 steps forward, one step back. My mom, and sister are sleeping there, while I'm returning late at night to take care of dogs,mail etc. and returning early in the am back to hospital. Thank You from the bottom of my heart for ALL the support and prayers you've given me and my family. PLEASE keep them coming. I'll be reserved from jumping up and down until he's home. Sincerely, Mike & Tracy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Mike,

Glad the surgery went well. Getting out of OR an hour quicker than expected is very likely a very good thing (they planned for some complications but didn't come up with any)! Hope all continues to improve.

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Great to hear from you. Sounds great, so far. Keeping the prayers going.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sounds like good news Mike, our thoughts are with you and your family, Dave

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Glad to hear he came through the op ok. Our prayers for his speedy recovery and your family in this difficult time.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Great to hear Mikey :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
epoch said:
Great to hear Mikey :)
Did HEMEEE give you permission to call me that?? :) :wink: :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
GREAT NEWS!, Mike.

1 Thessalonians 5:18. "In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

My dad did not get a chance to fight his heart deal. Got him without notice at 59 years old. I'm thankful to God for your Dad's chance to fight. Best wishes!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1RTw/RT4ME said:
GREAT NEWS!, Mike.

1 Thessalonians 5:18. "In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

My dad did not get a chance to fight his heart deal. Got him without notice at 59 years old. I'm thankful to God for your Dad's chance to fight. Best wishes!
I'm very sorry about your dad my friend. Thank You for the kind words!!! Mike

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
glad to hear that things went well and seem to continue to do so. we'll keep on praying here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great news! Hopefully things will continue to improve. You all are still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed and keep your head up!

Sho'Nuff

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad to hear it!..He'll be better in no time :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No matter how many times I say THANK YOU to all of you, it just doesn't seem enough.
(takes right hand and pats heart in appreciation) MIKE/ "trying" to keep my head up

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Another prayer salvo has been launched here...

·
Registered
349 Posts
mmaloy said:
No matter how many times I say THANK YOU to all of you, it just doesn't seem enough.
(takes right hand and pats heart in appreciation) MIKE/ "trying" to keep my head up
Mike, That's great. Fantastic.No thanks needed here brother,all praise,thanks and glory all go to The Good Lord. :happy: (Sundance)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey mike,

thanks for the update man. it sounds like things are going much better than expected and i believe you are facing a temporary set back.....my prayers for your family will not stop my friend and once again - i pray that everything works out and your father is up and running around in no time.....

take care brother,
scott aka godaddy

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also would like to send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. My dad went thru 2 bypass surgeries (the first one 20 years ago and the second one 15 years later). He was a tough old bird and he came thru each time thankful for the extra years he was given. I was definitely glad that we were able to keep him around! :angel:

Hang in there,
Tom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts