Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out the resonators on my R&T for Blastin' Bob's straight through 2DB kit. The Daytona and R&T already has factory low restriction exhaust so it pretty much a straight through system front to rear now.
My goal is to make it as free flowing as possible with minimal sound increase(family car). I was thinking Hi Flo cats/midpipes should be next. http://www.402motoring.com/product.php?car=Dodge Charger&itemnumber=womP7FVhOKHqoi394tHt
2 questions about this:

1)Would they connect easily to my stock system? The hi flows are 2.5", what is the stock system ahead of the x pipe? I believe the stock cat back is 2.25", so is there a mis match issue?

2)Will there be a HP increase with these cats? I think my mods will be limited to bolt ons: CAI, Tune, etc.

I though about headers, but I don't think I could do it in my garage, and I do prefer to do my own work. I am also concerned with header noise and leaks, etc(I've had numerous cars with headers over the years).

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
From what I hear the cats are the bottleneck in the exhaust system.

As far as headers go they are FAR SUPERRIOR to headers from back in a day, thicker and better quality metal with thicker flanges. If you were to get long tube headers I beliveve they come with hi flo cats. If you get mids they should bolt straight up in place with no modding.

Scott

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm pretty sure the JBA's mids are a simple swap the the stock cats.

I'm doing something similar for the same reason. I have the SRT8
catback on my R/T and shorty headers and JBA mid/cats sitting in my
garage waiting to be installed. Should give me nice performance
without be too loud. I don't need every yahoo around starring at me
or trying to race me. I bought this car because it performs well for me,
I couldn't care less how it fairs against what someone else bought.

I do love the way some of the other louder systems sound, just not
for me.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i had my headers and cat back put on at the same time. Both JBA.

today, i had my high flow cats put on, JBA.

the cats alone made more difference than the headers and catback combined, in my opinion. just by having gotten those together, the sound is finally perfect, with stock cats it just didnt sound like youd expect a car with headers to sound. now its beautiful. and comin up on 3k RPMs and on into second gear it pulls like a *****.

im itching like a crack head for his next fix to get my diablo and really see what happens when i crack this baby wide open

i got shafted by JBA cuz they had the cats backordered and i didnt know it til my speed shop dude called and asked why the cats werent in teh boxes i left with my car lol. but its all on now. and im in love.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ordered from 402 motoring. ************it was not their fault********

i placed my order on a friday.
got my boxes in (2 of them) on like wednesday and brought my car in on thurs morning with the 2 boxes

speep shop guy calls and says "didnt u have high flows too dude, theyre not in the boxes?"

so i call 402, they tell me that JBA does "production runs" in which they mass produce 1 piece at a time (headers or the catbacks or the high flows) and they were sold out of high flows completely and were waiting for the next batch to come from the manufacturer to the warehouses for shipping.

the shipping came directly from JBA.
they had run out of cats.
had to wait like 2 weeks just to get my cats.
i didnt know i didnt have cats until my car was being worked on so i paid more for more labor.
402 had even outsourced high flows from other vendors to ship their customers to cover for JBA out of their own pocket. i was just one of the unlucky few who didnt open the box, didnt get a call from 402 or JBA until my car was on the rack and bein worked on pretty much

oh well. i got to enjoy my car more til the flows came in, and then got them installed in like an hour or 2 the day after i got em. no sweat.

i love em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.