Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided late last night that I was gonna run up to Cecil today to give the nice weather some tests. My best time to date with the new heads and cam was a 13.216 last weekend at MIR. Don't know what the actual temp was today @ around 10:15 nor the DA's as my phone was on the fritz and couldn't connect to the internet. This is all done with a full tank of gas as well since this wasn't planned. I had slip off the line as well for about 25' as I forgot to do a couple of dry hops
. Anyhow,

R/T ---- .125
60' ---- 1.885
330 ---- 5.371
1/8 ---- 8.228
MPH --- 85.77
1000 -- 10.694
1/4 --- 12.752
MPH -- 110.91

My highest trap speed of the day came at 12:45. That timeslip looked like:

R/T ---- .074
60' ---- 1.890
330 ---- 5.394
1/8 ---- 8.259
MPH --- 85.80
1000 -- 10.720
1/4 --- 12.776
MPH -- 111.23

I had several 12.8 and 12.9 runs when I was hot lapping. In all, I got in 8 runs before having to leave to go pick up the kids. Can't wait for the temps to drop even more and the low DA's to come back. Having a full tank of gas definitely hurt as well. These times are all UNCORRECTED.

Definitely have to say the Stage 3 package is a hit! Hopefully in the next week or 2 we can get it on the dyno and see what the Red Rocket is putting out now.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Decided late last night that I was gonna run up to Cecil today to give the nice weather some tests. My best time to date with the new heads and cam was a 13.216 last weekend at MIR. Don't know what the actual temp was today @ around 10:15 nor the DA's as my phone was on the fritz and couldn't connect to the internet. This is all done with a full tank of gas as well since this wasn't planned. I had slip off the line as well for about 25' as I forgot to do a couple of dry hops
. Anyhow,

R/T ---- .125
60' ---- 1.885
330 ---- 5.371
1/8 ---- 8.228
MPH --- 85.77
1000 -- 10.694
1/4 --- 12.752
MPH -- 110.91

My highest trap speed of the day came at 12:45. That timeslip looked like:

R/T ---- .074
60' ---- 1.890
330 ---- 5.394
1/8 ---- 8.259
MPH --- 85.80
1000 -- 10.720
1/4 --- 12.776
MPH -- 111.23

I had several 12.8 and 12.9 runs when I was hot lapping. In all, I got in 8 runs before having to leave to go pick up the kids. Can't wait for the temps to drop even more and the low DA's to come back. Having a full tank of gas definitely hurt as well. These times are all UNCORRECTED.

Definitely have to say the Stage 3 package is a hit! Hopefully in the next week or 2 we can get it on the dyno and see what the Red Rocket is putting out now.

nice man looks like i am goni with stage 3 too man

you love it ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Stage 3 is a monster, thats for sure! As for the TQ converter, I would seriously recommend it. As for going with the stage 3 over the stage 2, well, you have to be the judge of that. If you are going to the track alot, the stage 3 is the way to go. Mine is also a daily driver. The stage 3 has shake to it at idle. The stage 2 is a milder cam, and might probably more suited for the daily drive commute.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
The Stage 3 is a monster, thats for sure! As for the TQ converter, I would seriously recommend it. As for going with the stage 3 over the stage 2, well, you have to be the judge of that. If you are going to the track alot, the stage 3 is the way to go. Mine is also a daily driver. The stage 3 has shake to it at idle. The stage 2 is a milder cam, and might probably more suited for the daily drive commute.
What do you mean it has "shake" to it at idle? Please explain....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can feel the cam. Its a big cam.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fantastic performance. I agree with the T.Q. They are not rated for much more then what we have stock. Congrats!! Next time 1/4 tank of fuel and no spare tire. Although you may break loose a little.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Thanks for the info man

nice times too, you unleashed the beast

how that cam sound?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Cam = rough idle

Its not rough, you just know its there. Nothing like a E or X cam in a 5.0 Mustang. The sound at idle is awesome. From the front of the motor, it sounds stock. The note coming out of the tail pipes though is a different story. You know something mean is lurking under there....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
So which cam did you get? Who did you buy it from? And how much did it cost?

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Its not rough, you just know its there. Nothing like a E or X cam in a 5.0 Mustang. The sound at idle is awesome. From the front of the motor, it sounds stock. The note coming out of the tail pipes though is a different story. You know something mean is lurking under there....
Sounds like I need to hold off on the other cams and save up some more cash and purchase the Stage 3 cam. :yes:

My thoughts right now are that I am not planning to run too much at the track but I know once I get this setup that's all gonna change.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sounds like I need to hold off on the other cams and save up some more cash and purchase the Stage 3 cam. :yes:

My thoughts right now are that I am not planning to run too much at the track but I know once I get this setup that's all gonna change.
im waiting on stage 4 :) if they can mill down the heads to the right size, im only at 4,400 miles my warranty dont end for a good 32,000 more so im really not worried

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
im waiting on stage 4 :) if they can mill down the heads to the right size, im only at 4,400 miles my warranty dont end for a good 32,000 more so im really not worried
:) Stage 3 is plenty for me. Not trying to be the fastest LX on the block. Just fast enough to quiet some Camaro's, Mustang's, and maybe a few Vette's.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice times man! I want mods, must wait till I get another car... :) Then this one is getting modded up big time!

·
Registered
433 Posts
where on the HHP website is the info about the stage 3????

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You gotta call and talk to Josh for the Stage 3 info. Basically, you need to add about $900 to the price of the Stage 2. The added cost is for the milling of the heads, the 6.1 injectors, and custom B&G tune that is required.

·
Registered
564 Posts
FROM HHP.COM website..............

HHP has revolutionized the 5.7L Performance Market again. Blowing away all of our competitor's, HHP has once again teamed up BES Racing and produced the monster of 5.7L engine packages. Output expected well over 500 horsepower at the crank, this package is blowing away all of our competitor's similar packages for the 5.7L and even their 6.1L packages. If you're ready to beat even the heavily modified SRT-8's, this is the package for you.

Package Includes:

-Stage 3 BES Ported & Polished Higher Compression Heads
-Upgraded Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers for High Lift Cams
-Stage 3 BES Custom High-Lift 560/220 Cam
-Fuel Injector Upgrades
-MDS Deletion Package
-Custom B&G HHP Stage 3 PCM Tuning
-ProTorque 2800 Torque Converter
-All New Gaskets & Fluids
-Professional Installation

This package is for installation by our Chrysler Certified tech's at HHP and is an all inclusive package, including all labor costs and incidentals. Additional add-on's to this package, if you don't already have them will be:
Kooks Long Tube Headers & Cats (JBA shorties & cats for the AWD's)
Free Flowing Cat-Back
Air Intake
Dyno numbers will follow shortly once we get our test cars back on the dyno. Track performance has been even better than expected. Testing at our local track, Cecil County Dragway, so far has put our TorRed Daytona in the 12.7's at 110.9 mph in summer race conditions. We can't wait for fall to come.

For more information, give HHP a call today at 888-894-1115.

PRICE: $7,295.00

1 - 20 of 64 Posts