Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you all think would be the best, price aside, nothing but best performance to compare, I'm really interested and I see that HHP actually sells all three kits, i want an aggressive upgrade, something like a stage 2 or so, screw it ...I'll even go with the stage 3, which one of the three have the best results? can't seem to get dyno numbers on some of them, the kits on HHP don't seem to come with cams which I would want to do as well.

well, just curious to what you all think and for those that have these done please share! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yes great question, I think this is a good chance to find out whats the best bang for your buck as far as heads and cams go. I think Information from those that already have done head and cam work will be very vital in this discussion.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Maybe some of the people that went to the races at the Georgia Shindig can chime in here

I heard that Frank's and PPP were not real pleased to see the performance of HHP's Stage II package in Rob's Torred1179 car.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Maybe some of the people that went to the races at the Georgia Shindig can chime in here

I heard that Frank's and PPP were not real pleased to see the performance of HHP's Stage II package in Rob's Torred1179 car.
Before the mudslinging starts, how about somebody PM the aforementioned vendors and get some facts/details and post for everyone? I have already seen 2 threads shut down over mudslinging by customers of all products mentioned above, lets get some real experience facts.
:yes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before the mudslinging starts, how about somebody PM the aforementioned vendors and get some facts/details and post for everyone? I have already seen 2 threads shut down over mudslinging by customers of all products mentioned above, lets get some real experience facts.
:yes:
Yes, please check that Hemidon, I jsut read a post that he thinks his mods were a hit, let's not speak for other people not to be rude, but lets let the people who did do the mods speak up :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

FRI was not displeased at all,that I know of(I don't work for them)I don't know where this keeps coming from!Torreds car ran absolutely fantastic.We were all very impressed with his times.But the comparisons really need to stop since all of the FRI 5.7's except for one were running an entry level cam.Even Rob(Torred1179) will agree it was not entirely apples to apples.HHP got their stage 3 package right, but there is very similar performance offered by all the vendors.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was at the Georgia Shindig. I have the PPP package race warrior cam and Indy heads for a 5.7L. I ran from 13.167 to 13.577 when the motor got to hot and no traction on the first 60ft.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I was at the Georgia Shindig. I have the PPP package race warrior cam and Indy heads for a 5.7L. I ran from 13.167 to 13.577 when the motor got to hot and no traction on the first 60ft.
Traction was a huge issue for most of us.A few brought DR's but most were on street tires.Keeping the motor cool was somewhat futile as well.I don't think I made one pass under 195*.Why didn't you throw your slip in the box?I think that would have been enough to win Fastest 5.7.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Hey Mike,

Thanks for posting that info. I have a question though. Is the 13.167 the quickest you've run with that setup? Was that on the bottle? The reason I am asking is that I am thinking of the same type of setup but it would seem that you should be running quicker then that on the bottle. I am in no way downing your setup, just trying to get all the info I can before I drop my money on a package. Is that cam as aggresive as the Stage III cam? Thanks Mike.

Gary N

·
Registered
608 Posts
I did, I think someone ran 13.0 something?? that is what Andy from PPP told me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That was the quickest time N.A. I now have the bottle and DR's. I will be going to the track this weekend if it doesn't rain!! My goal is under 13. I should be able to do it once I adjust to the Drag Radials!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was kinda hoping to get info on the kits for the 6.1L ...but any info is welcome, anyone out there with 6.1L cylinder heads, intake, and cams upgrade? chime in!

·
Registered
608 Posts
It was all fun !!! I don't care who won. It was my first time with the setup!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was kinda hoping to get info on the kits for the 6.1L ...but any info is welcome, anyone out there with 6.1L cylinder heads, intake, and cams upgrade? chime in!

You need to go here

[edited by admin]

·
Registered
274 Posts
You need to go here

[edited by admin]
He started this thread by asking what type of set up is best for his car.........not who had the best time at Georgia Shindig.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
The HHP Stage 2 6.1L heads and cam package is by far the fastest package on the market with exceptional idle quality and driveability. That's why the fastest n.a. 6.1L's in the country run HHP.

Any questions?

Just kidding around. Our Stage 2 6.1L package when combined with long tubes, cat-back and an intake runs consistantly around 480 to the rear wheels naturally aspirated and is the smoothest running cam package, too. The cars are extremely driveable and I have no problem suggesting this package on an everyday driver. Come fall I think we'll see a handful of high 11 second n.a. daily drivers that run just this package.

If you have any questions, I can be reached by phone at 888-894-1115 at any time.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
274 Posts
The HHP Stage 2 6.1L heads and cam package is by far the fastest package on the market with exceptional idle quality and driveability. That's why the fastest n.a. 6.1L's in the country run HHP.

Any questions?

Just kidding around. Our Stage 2 6.1L package when combined with long tubes, cat-back and an intake runs consistantly around 480 to the rear wheels naturally aspirated and is the smoothest running cam package, too. The cars are extremely driveable and I have no problem suggesting this package on an everyday driver. Come fall I think we'll see a handful of high 11 second n.a. daily drivers that run just this package.

If you have any questions, I can be reached by phone at 888-894-1115 at any time.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP
I really like what I hear about your stage 3, how is that at idle?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
If you listen to the engine, it practically sounds stock. Real smooth. If you walk around back and listen to the exhaust, it has an awesome rumble that sounds meaner than anything I've heard on the 5.7L's. I'll have to push Rob to get some sound clips up here for you guys.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you listen to the engine, it practically sounds stock. Real smooth. If you walk around back and listen to the exhaust, it has an awesome rumble that sounds meaner than anything I've heard on the 5.7L's. I'll have to push Rob to get some sound clips up here for you guys.

Joshua, HHP
Some sound clips would be great. Any and all info you could supply would be greatly appreciated regarding the 6.1L setups.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts