Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce myself.

I bought a 05 Mustang 5 months ago...and I like it but I test drove a RT and man I may have to trade mine in for one of these.

Way more comfort - which the Mustangs fail to have. I was impressed.

I really liked the way it can corner 55 in a 20mph turn....no prob.

I also like the Nav system - although I know my way around pretty well and I would probably not use it much.

Anyway...been lurking for awhile and who knows....I just may become an owner in the next month or so. Gotta sell a house then see from there.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I looked at the Mustnag but found I wanted more car in terms of toys (Nav System etc.) and I thought it didn't ride that great. The Charger is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Charger beats Mustang...
Monday I had a new Mustang GT try to play with my Daytona.Every time he would try something I could either catch him or pull away. I really embarrassed him at by dusting a Volvo at a light and then proceeded to eat him up. After playing cat and mouse for about 20 miles and getting stopped at lights with him in front or me in front with cars between us we came to a light where he was in front, in the left lane. I was in the right lane behind a Volvo second at the light. At the light the intersecting street had a merge lane to my right. When the light turned I went to Manumatic took the merge lane and dusted the Volvo. As I was comming past the Volvo he realized the game was on... We pushed it up to 90+ , I backed off while I was still pulling away. At the next light I wound up about 4 cars back and he had 1 car in front. He pulled up next to me and put down his window. He asked "What is that" then "How much horsepower". His last comment before he closed his window and pulled up was "AWSOME MACHINE". At the next light he turned left , as I went cruised by he tooted his horn and waved.....

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The Mustangs are very good cars for what they do. I need a car with a real back seat so I can't buy any more of them. But a stock GT will pull away from a non-SRT LX car. Don't be fooled.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
welcome to the forum man....the mustang is a great machine....if you are young......but if you are a man....then the charger all the way!!! congrats on your change of mind, and good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
732 Posts
My last car which was a 01' mustang, would have eaten my Daytona for breakfast but I was heavily modded. Ounce we get a superchip or hypertech unit on these cars it's going to make a huge difference. We're loosing a lot of time off the line do to computer issue's.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i second, third and fourth that.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
chrisc65 said:
Thought I would introduce myself.

I bought a 05 Mustang 5 months ago...and I like it but I test drove a RT and man I may have to trade mine in for one of these.

Way more comfort - which the Mustangs fail to have. I was impressed.

I really liked the way it can corner 55 in a 20mph turn....no prob.

I also like the Nav system - although I know my way around pretty well and I would probably not use it much.

Anyway...been lurking for awhile and who knows....I just may become an owner in the next month or so. Gotta sell a house then see from there.

-Chris
After the car show in NY, I tried to place an order for the 2007 Mustang Shelby Cobra GT 500 but found only dealers saying "$10,000 over MSRP" , send us $2000 and we'll put you on a list. No refunds unless we can't get the car" afterwhich I told each one "hope they rot on your lot" :mad:

I was able to order an SRT 8 at MSRP with only a $500 deposit and an offer that I could change my mind and get a refund at anytime. If all works out, I'm a converted Mopar fan and too hell with Ford. :evil: :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts