Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a first time Dodge Owner - I bought a 2014 RT AWD Max yesterday after looking for many months. For a while I was looking for a 2009-2010 RT AWD to convert to a Ute using a Smyth kit, but after losing out on two of them and no others popping up for a while, I needed something to replace my aging driver, and wanted a nice one. I found one with more features I could have even guessed were available - It's a high mileage car, but hopefully still lots of life left in it.

As for me, I'm getting close to 50, and for ~30 years I've only owned GM products....
  • every new car I've ever bought or leased was a Pontiac
  • every used car I've ever bought for me was a Chevy
  • My daily driver has never had more than 2 doors
I can no longer claim the last two and I'm fine with it.
We Currently Own: GMC Acadia (familymobile), Buick Rendezvous (going away/being donated), Chevy Monte Carlo (future uncertain), 30th Anniversary Trans Am (the genisis of my user name)
I've mostly owned GM F-Body cars - there was only a gap of about 2 years in the early 90's where I did not own one, but the new Camaro is just "meh" to me, so it was barely a consideration.

I live in Michigan, and work in Detroit, driving past the Chrysler HQ when I had to go to the office. I've worked in IT for 25+ years, I've done 3D modeling as a hobby for 30+ years and now it's a small side business since 3D printers are a thing. Too many hobbies accumulated over the years I can't name them all - woodworking, RC cars, tabletop gaming are the big ones. I realized it's not so much what the hobby is so long as I'm creating and making stuff..

I don't know that there will be much I change about the car - so far I like it just the way it is. I don't need a hot rod, don't need a loud car, don't need another project, so I'm just gonna enjoy it and see how things go.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,898 Posts
Nice, A V8 AWD. Very nice. How many miles. I would like to see the build sheet to see what brakes are on it. BR5 or BR9 sales codes.

Damn nice color

Put your vin at the end of this link (no space) then copy and paste it into a browser. You can share it or just reply with BR# its got. Would love to see an AWD Max sheet though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the build sheet before I bought it (thanks to these forums) - same with the window sticker...
~168,000 miles - pretty much all freeway based on finding the owners hometown and knowing he is a Chrysler engineer (commuting ~50mile each way). The build sheet calls the color "contusion blue", which is a really unappealing name for the color, but yeah, finding one that's not black, not ratted out, and loaded with options made it impossible to pass up. I had found a 2011 in Orange that way equally loaded, but the frame was pretty rusted out and they were asking premium money because it was "only 95k miles"..

No police package brakes on it, but here's the build

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I'm a first time Dodge Owner - I bought a 2014 RT AWD Max yesterday after looking for many months. For a while I was looking for a 2009-2010 RT AWD to convert to a Ute using a Smyth kit, but after losing out on two of them and no others popping up for a while, I needed something to replace my aging driver, and wanted a nice one. I found one with more features I could have even guessed were available - It's a high mileage car, but hopefully still lots of life left in it.

As for me, I'm getting close to 50, and for ~30 years I've only owned GM products....
  • every new car I've ever bought or leased was a Pontiac
  • every used car I've ever bought for me was a Chevy
  • My daily driver has never had more than 2 doors
I can no longer claim the last two and I'm fine with it.
We Currently Own: GMC Acadia (familymobile), Buick Rendezvous (going away/being donated), Chevy Monte Carlo (future uncertain), 30th Anniversary Trans Am (the genisis of my user name)
I've mostly owned GM F-Body cars - there was only a gap of about 2 years in the early 90's where I did not own one, but the new Camaro is just "meh" to me, so it was barely a consideration.

I live in Michigan, and work in Detroit, driving past the Chrysler HQ when I had to go to the office. I've worked in IT for 25+ years, I've done 3D modeling as a hobby for 30+ years and now it's a small side business since 3D printers are a thing. Too many hobbies accumulated over the years I can't name them all - woodworking, RC cars, tabletop gaming are the big ones. I realized it's not so much what the hobby is so long as I'm creating and making stuff..

I don't know that there will be much I change about the car - so far I like it just the way it is. I don't need a hot rod, don't need a loud car, don't need another project, so I'm just gonna enjoy it and see how things go.
Welcome to the brotherhood of muscle my man! You'll enjoy the heck out of the choice you made! 13 charger RT/MAX rear wheel drive myself, below 49000 my second one, so I know what your feeling right now, also in MI, Bloomfield. Great choice, take care of her, have fun /

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats on a nice score.. Here is your window sticker, cost more than a base Scat!!! They call your color Jazz Blue Pearl there!!

I considered some AWD cars, but I ended up getting a 2016 R/T Road and Track with 16k miles, now at 69K!! I wanted the newer model as I planned to drive the wheels off it, and didn't want to deal with obsolete parts (I have to deal with that for my Marauder) I had 6 of the Ford Panther platforms, 3 Crown Victoria, 2 Town Cars now just the 2004 Marauder which still gets some commuting miles

The LD is the oldest car platform in production spawned from the 1996 W210 E class, My Marauder body can bolt on a 1979 Grand Marquis chassis!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Famous last words, haha
Ya, I know.... I was checking our the BR9 brake thread and that seems like such a cheap and worthwhile upgrade. I'll have to look more closely as it read like AWD had the calipers in a different location, but that's a problem for future me.
Better headlights
maybe a chin spoiler - looked at the SRT bumper, but having adaptive cruise, that's more trouble than i'm willing to get myself into.

Congrats on a nice score.. Here is your window sticker, cost more than a base Scat!!! They call your color Jazz Blue Pearl there!!

I saw that color mentioned on the sticker - sounds nicer than contusion blue - I was pretty floored by the sticker price - like I said, pretty much every option.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
66 Posts
Welcome, Good looking Charger!

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
121 Posts
Welcome to the Forums, from Pittsburgh! You'll love the AWD/ V8 combo! Year-round fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts