Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and received the BORLA 112's and love them. For some reason I thought the piping and muffelers were going to be all shiny like the tips. I guess the tips are "polished" and the piping was "stainless steel". I though the whole kit was like that polished look. So my question is this the pipes and muffelers from the borlas are the same color as the stock regular stainless steel.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Aflo -

I'm a fan of GoDaddy and his Charger setup. I'm thinking of the Borla 112 versus the 125s for noise and the family tolerance (3 kids). I believe the 112s are a little quieter due to the resonators included.

Did you get a good price and shipping? Are you planning on installing yourself or taking it to a muffler shop.

Thanks -

DallasRT

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dallas check your post I replied to you. It's still on the home page. Goos Luck. I took it to a shop that i always go to and $50 later I was a very happy camper. I to have 2 kids and wanted to watch out for to much noise. My freind and brother were all over the way the car sounded. PPPPEEEERRRRFFFFEEECCCTTTT!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw somewhere that the numbers for horsepower and torgue increases were much different between the 112's and the 125's. I think they both, theoretically, gave you between 10-15 horsepower...but the 112's only gave like 8fps or torgue...and the 125's gave 15fps or something like that. I was wondering if anyone else saw this, and if there are is any truth to it. Also, what would be so different that would cause such a difference in torgue between setups?

Thanks guys..

Oh...doesn't Go Daddy have the 125's and no the 112's?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey aflores, had back surgery so i haven't been on....can't drive for a few weeks so my wife has taken possession of the godaddy mobile.......the borla 125s are stainless steel on the tips to about 2 feet back.....bascially everything you can see on the 125's is stainless....probably exactly like the 112s.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
DallasRT said:
Aflo -

I'm a fan of GoDaddy and his Charger setup. I'm thinking of the Borla 112 versus the 125s for noise and the family tolerance (3 kids). I believe the 112s are a little quieter due to the resonators included.

Did you get a good price and shipping? Are you planning on installing yourself or taking it to a muffler shop.

Thanks -

DallasRT
i have 2 kids (12 and 2) and a wife and they love the 125 setup......the 112s are alot less aggressive though and if you don't want to fully awakend the beast then that is the route i would go with....i love borla exhausts!!!!

thanks for the kind words on my car man....i love that thing...very much loving my car and passing that passion on to others....can't wait till i am healed so i can continue adding parts and making it look better...still not done yet!!!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I wonder if I can order the 125's with the 112 tips. No offense, but the 5 inch tips are just a little to big, 3 1/2 max.

·
Registered
185 Posts
"can't drive for a few weeks so my wife has taken possession of the godaddy mobile"

GoDaddy,
I'll bet your wife is just terrorizing Mustang GT's, you didn't measure the tire tread depth before you went to the hospital did ya ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go ManGo! said:
I wonder if I can order the 125's with the 112 tips. No offense, but the 5 inch tips are just a little to big, 3 1/2 max.
I heard the 125 and 112's use the same muffelers just cut off the resonators and re-pipe it and keep the tips on.

·
Registered
732 Posts
aflores496 said:
I heard the 125 and 112's use the same muffelers just cut off the resonators and re-pipe it and keep the tips on.
That's the thing, I don't want to spend all that money on a catback then cut it up. I don't want resonators on my exhaust so I'm still looking for a complete kit and I don't want the zoomers.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
that was my biggest concern man.....the size of those tips....but honestly they fit perfect.....everyone that has seen them or heard them - loves 'em!! i have cops at gas stations asking me to rev the godaddy mobile.....if you are go back and forth i can send pics man....i really think it looks great and have never had a "wow those are too big comment"...they fit the charger perfect and add to the attitude i am looking for.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts