Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I noticed when I start my mango up in the mornings or when I haven't drove it for a few days there is like a hesitation when starting it up, like the battery is low or something. Has anyone ever had problems like this?? please let me know thank you .:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I left the lights on in my car for about half an hour once in a parking lot and when I came out and started it up I had to hold the key in the start position for a second before it would fire. The next morning it was still pretty hesitant but by the time I finished my 45 minute commute it fired like normal.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only problem I have noticed with mine is it will idle rough for a minute and then smooth out.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I've experienced this problem about 10 times. I'm thinking about buying a on dash video recorder to prove this problem to my dealership. I own a 06 Charger(05 build) with 3,400 miles. No rhyme or reason for this start up problem .................but, it does start up everytime, just delayed.
I've heard that if you turn the key to accessory for a few secs then start up it will get rid of this problem, but I have not yet tried this method yet....nor should I have too.....IMO.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys if this is the issue I'm thinking about, then I see it all the time at the dealership. If it's a long crank time that is not normal, BUT if you are talking about a few second lag from when you turn the key to the "start" position then that is normal after sitting for a while. th BUS goes to sleep after about 15 minutes and has to wake up again when you turn the key on. and for some reason the Wireless Control Module, which reads your key code goes to sleep and is hard to wake up unlike the other modules which are instantaneous. when you turn your key to the "start" position, the WCM has to verify that the key is valid, and then send that message to the PCM and basically say "Yes the key is valid, once the car starts it is ok for it to keep running" then the PCM sends a message to the instrument cluster to check and see if the alarm is disabled, once that happens the cluster sends a message to the Front Control Module telling it to power up the starter relay and make the engine crank, so it's not as simple as turning the key and the starter cranking anymore, so sometimes expect a lag, if this isn't the problem, then I just wrote a really long response for no reason :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts