Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Anyone else here have a MAJOR hesitation when you just get on it from a stand still?? I will just punch it and my car will stutter.. Is there anything I can do to combat this?? Called a dealer and they we're no help.. Let me know..

Jess

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Does the car shake like a shudder or more of a bog?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Does it happen just after you get into gear and then hammer on it? If so it is normal the computer delays throttle engagement until the tranny is fully engaged, it is annoying but in time you learn to wait a half second before hitting it. Hal does this to protect the tranny.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe a Predator will fix that for you (assuming it is the computer).

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Predator won't fix the initial delay into drive or reverse, only driver behavior. The cars are slow to engage into gear and if you hit the gas to soon it will shutter or bog until fully engaged

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I find that punching it to 3/4 throttle instead of full throttle off the line and then flooring it after the car gets going kicks the car in the ass and gets rid of the hesitation.:grin:

It could also be the traction control kicking in and fuel/power chopping you because it senses loss of traction. Mine will do it to me if I stomp on it from a stand still if I do not turn it off....:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Predator won't fix the initial delay into drive or reverse, only driver behavior. The cars are slow to engage into gear and if you hit the gas to soon it will shutter or bog until fully engaged
It happens when the car is fully in gear.. After driving for a bit like when I'm sitting at a light.. I get the green nail it and it will bog then take off..

Jess

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My 3.5 does that while rolling. If I'm getting on the highway at about 35MPH then punch it to merge its like nothing happened for 1 or 2 secs then wham it kicks in.

I would guess the shuddering from a stop is the ESP. I've noticed that a few times as well. Its like someone is tapping the brakes while accelerating, which is what the ESP is doing.

-GB

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
My 3.5 does that while rolling. If I'm getting on the highway at about 35MPH then punch it to merge its like nothing happened for 1 or 2 secs then wham it kicks in.

I would guess the shuddering from a stop is the ESP. I've noticed that a few times as well. Its like someone is tapping the brakes while accelerating, which is what the ESP is doing.

-GB
hmm never felt the shuddering on my 3.5. It launches pretty good from a dead stop actually. But I do feel the hesitation while rolling for a split second and then it kicks in. Call it the slingshot effect.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Mine did that a few times and i took it back to Midas, i was going to anyhow to get my headers retorqued and the exhaust checked for leaks as its been a couple thousand miles, and also my tranny was leaking so i took it to the dealer and had that fixed and it hasnt happend again. Not sure if that has any bearing on your issue but thought i would chime in on my issue with something similiar.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does it happen just after you get into gear and then hammer on it? If so it is normal the computer delays throttle engagement until the tranny is fully engaged, it is annoying but in time you learn to wait a half second before hitting it. Hal does this to protect the tranny.

Yep. Logging data with the predator shows a .4 sec delay from Throttle Smash to start rolling.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Got a Performance (Police) Flash done on my car today... Hesitation is gone.. Car goes like a bat out of hell now... Pretty wicked for $86...

Jess
Where do you get something like that done?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts