Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to find out if this is unique to my car or a "feature" of our beasts...

Often when turning out of a driveway or a 90 degree turn at an intersection from a stop (or going really slow), under hard acceleration (is there any other kind ?) there is a distinct hesitation that lets up as soon as I start going straight again.

At first I thought it might be some ESP shenanigans but I added an ESP cutoff switch and the issue remains.

I am guessing it's fuel starvation but since the Hemi probably has the same fuel delivery system I refuse to believe an SRT8 customer would tolerate this. And I had the old 3.5 in my LH and I don't remember this ever happening (though this 3.5 is wickedly faster than that 3.5).

Sorry if this has already been covered didn't bother with a search this time feelin' chatty ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
i had this problem when i was babying my car and when i wanted to punch its like she wouldnt move. so i decided to let her loose more often and problem fixed.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Need to find out if this is unique to my car or a "feature" of our beasts...

Often when turning out of a driveway or a 90 degree turn at an intersection from a stop (or going really slow), under hard acceleration (is there any other kind ?) there is a distinct hesitation that lets up as soon as I start going straight again.

At first I thought it might be some ESP shenanigans but I added an ESP cutoff switch and the issue remains.

I am guessing it's fuel starvation but since the Hemi probably has the same fuel delivery system I refuse to believe an SRT8 customer would tolerate this. And I had the old 3.5 in my LH and I don't remember this ever happening (though this 3.5 is wickedly faster than that 3.5).

Sorry if this has already been covered didn't bother with a search this time feelin' chatty ;)
just a guess, but could it possibly be something to where... when in a turn, the power steering pump is under use, but when straight the pump isnt as under load?

i know on most cars you can hear the pump, for example while at a stop, usually the pump is under more load, but when straight it isnt?

could be wrong, brah, but just a wild stab:confused:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ive felt the same thing and I thought the same thing you might be right tsunami.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it's the babying that we tend to start out with to be honest. I did the same thing and noticed that we I did decide to start punching it, it would not respond like I wanted. So I started punching the #@!% out of it every chance I got and now she will actully do doughnuts with ease. :) So I would say try punching it more and she may wake up too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's a very smart transmission. If 98% of her duty is to lug around and drive like a grandma, it's gonna think twice when you floor it. So yes, the above technique should work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Lex, why not try the fuse pull mod, and re-create the hesitation situation.

I know the fuse pull mod has definitely had a positive (although very short term) effect on HAL. This way you can confirm, or dismiss any suspicion the adaptive driving system may have brought up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts