Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first heard the sound, I thought it was the kids across the street playing basketball. I heard it again and didn't pay attention to it. Then I noticed that I hear it every time I shut down the engine. The sound is exactly what it would sound like if the windows are up engine off and someone bouncing a basketball about 30 feet away from the car. It stops as soon as I open the door and all extra power turns off. Is this normal? In case it helps, I have the upgrade sound group II with the more powerful amp. Could it be the subwoofer powering down? Thanks for any help or insight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Iwould definitely have all the electronics checked out. That could be so many different things from your audio system to fuel pump. Good Luck!! and let us know what it was when you find out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I first heard the sound, I thought it was the kids across the street playing basketball. I heard it again and didn't pay attention to it. Then I noticed that I hear it every time I shut down the engine. The sound is exactly what it would sound like if the windows are up engine off and someone bouncing a basketball about 30 feet away from the car. It stops as soon as I open the door and all extra power turns off. Is this normal? In case it helps, I have the upgrade sound group II with the more powerful amp. Could it be the subwoofer powering down? Thanks for any help or insight.
There is a TSB that may apply since you have a sun roof:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0801507.pdf

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to blow up or something. I'll have to add it to my list so when I bring her in for the first service, they can look into it for me. Enjoy what's left of the weekend :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts