Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in a while but I thought I would share an update. 120 miles after I finally got the car back and the motor is gone. Bullet proof bottom end has a rod knocking real bad.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Did they build the engine when they did the turbo upgrade? Our stock bottom ends don't hold up at all when put on a strict boost diet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I would not reply to a stock one as bullett proof

they were replacing everything or as John said" this thing could handle 25 lbs when we get the ability to tune it"

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
good ol hennessey and reliability is like saying viper and gas mileage. Sorry man

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I haven't posted in a while but I thought I would share an update. 120 miles after I finally got the car back and the motor is gone. Bullet proof bottom end has a rod knocking real bad.
Damn, sorry to hear that. But honestly, after doing a little research and reading about that con artist on this forum (and others), I'm surprised anyone would still do business with that asshat.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'm with LoneStar that guy seems to have lost all credibility. Hope it all works out for you in the end.
-J

·
Registered
19 Posts
There Goes The Warranty...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shouldn't you have a warranty with them? Even if you did, no telling how long it would take to fix the problem. Just to think, if someone would have bought your car when you had it for sale, how pissed they would be. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
*Poof!* Warranty be gone. :( Sorry to hear about the problem.

I don't know much about them personally but I have heard about nothing but problems from Hennessey, even from the Viper crowd. Surprised you took the risk to even let them work on your baby.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What did Hennessey himself say when you told him?
That's what I was wondering. Are they going to do anything at all for you??

·
Registered
857 Posts

Thats brutal. So sad to hear that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At first when I told him he said he couldn't warranty it because of the adjustable boost controller(he installed) or maybe the B&G(that I installed) and said it was probably caused by detonation. I told him I was running 110 octane in it when it happened(which all but rules out detonation without a whole lot of boost/timinng issues) and he said oh. Told me I could send it back but he didn't know when he could get to it. I didn't want to do that because of his original estimate of time to complete my car, 12 weeks, turned into a little over a year. We are going to video it as we take it down and he did say he would pay for it if it wasn't caused by detonation, b ut we will see how that goes when we get there.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Scumbag

Plain and simple

·
Registered
489 Posts
I believe I will order a new 08 Viper, and just have it shipped right on down to Johnny H! This way when it never comes back, I will not miss it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Is this the same SRT that was in Sealy back in February at the LX meet?

Scott

·
Registered
771 Posts
I didn't want to do that because of his original estimate of time to complete my car, 12 weeks, turned into a little over a year.
Sounds EXACLTY like several other Viper Twin Turbo horror stories I've heard. I couldn't be without my baby for 12 weeks, let alone a full year.. Yikes!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
If you send it back to him for repair it will sit and rot cause there is not money in it for him. Or worse, he would "barrow" parts off it for other cars.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Why does everyone keep taking cars to this guy if all he does is take their money and ruin their engines? Seems like everybody crosses their fingers in hopes of getting this amazing car back and instead get a bunch of problems. I just don't undertsand it . . . . . :no::no::no:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts