Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have or seen a Hennessey Performance Engineering Supercharger? It reported it produces over 600 horsepower @ 5500 rpm and 585lb-ft @ 4200 rpm.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
yeah, one of our members did that. Took almost a full year, vice the two monhs promised, cost total of over 20K, and within about 3 months, and very few, like under 500 miles driven, the motor blew.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
yeah, one of our members did that. Took almost a full year, vice the two monhs promised, cost total of over 20K, and within about 3 months, and very few, like under 500 miles driven, the motor blew.
Ouch! Rough ending to what sounded like a promising turnout.... Each failure story leads me to think that I have less and less of a chance of ever being able to supercharge my ride. :(

-Pat

·
Registered
65 Posts
do not give that man a dime. He's basically a high profile chop shop

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
do not give that man a dime. He's basically a high profile chop shop
Hahahahaha! Lol, thats a great line. Not sayin I stand behind it or anything because I dont know the first thing about Hennessey, but that one got me chucklin a little bit.

-Pat

·
Registered
474 Posts
just do a search for henessey on one of the many LX forums. the guy is being sued by quite a few people. overall it doesnt sound like he has many happy customers.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
wow i had new idea his situation was that bad amongst certain car owners. god to know. ive never researched his company or anything, but from what I had heard about the hennessey viper, i thought they were in good standing...? Always good to hear stories like this from real people, helps to paint a more accurate picture of companies.

-Pat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do a search on the Viper forums and you will see all the $$$$$$$ he owns people.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have heard similar stories about the Viper's to the Charger disaster stories. I think that he gets a lot of business because of the HUGE numbers that his systems put out not because of their reliability. It's one thing to crank out big power.....it's a whole different story to crank it out consistantly and reliably.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the heads up and won't even bother wasting my time with this joker. I checked out several of Dodge Viper Forums as suggested and this guys is well loved!! Ha Ha!!
LOL!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Hahahahaha! Lol, thats a great line. Not sayin I stand behind it or anything because I dont know the first thing about Hennessey, but that one got me chucklin a little bit.

-Pat
Feed "John Hennessey" and "lawsuit" to google and you'll see a number of ripoff stories. I wouldn't let those clowns anywhere near my vehicle.

Best,

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Feed "John Hennessey" and "lawsuit" to google and you'll see a number of ripoff stories. I wouldn't let those clowns anywhere near my vehicle.

Best,
Wow I took your advice and did a google search. Looked at a few results and then came across this thread started on 300c forums over a year ago. If anyone out there was in the same boat as me with regards to knowing anything about Hennessey, you need to read this. I browsed over the first 5 or 6 pages and this guy is just OUT OF LINE. Check out how he is responding to people on the boards, pretty sad if you ask me.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board.html

I have read plenty of success stories about his Vipers, but I guess all the horror stories get overshadowed. Regardless of what kind of product he produces for some people, I would never do business with this guy purely based on thread he started. I also recommend others to do a google search and read about this guy.

-Pat

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
sides for 20k we could slam a 8.3 in your car if you dont mind drivning without a front end.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
W O W we should nominate hin for [email protected] $$ of the year award messing with ppls cars should be a sin. i dont think i will ever b able to max out my engine. lil things here an thet maby but i couldent rick sumthing like a turbo/super this is the only car for me and my family

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I can see that John Hennessey is ****ing moron, mean drunk, inhaling too much of his nitrous oxide and is suffering from bain dramage. This joker talked up a good game and send me a deposit. **** this guys with his ****ed up attitude.

I second the nomination to elect John Hennessey Jackass Of the Year!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am absolutely stunned after reading that thread. Who would still do business with that guy??

Anyone know the status of him today?
Still in the business of cleaning up on people with more money than brains.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am absolutely stunned after reading that thread. Who would still do business with that guy??

Anyone know the status of him today?

its all about marketing. and how many of you people knew about this guy before reading this thread?? so imagine how easy it would be to get duped. you see the guy in a bunch of magazines saying how great his work is. and the wild HP claims he makes. and your sold, without even doing any research.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
john hennessey is a joke with a horrible reputation. Stay away from him!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts